Thread: Enjoyiing the Flexibility

Basic Member

Enjoyiing the Flexibility

I just changed out a Mod 11 trophy hunter to a 223 Rem varmint barrel( Savage take off ) and new boyds stock ( pro varmint). the Mod 11 started life as a 204 with tupperware stock. I did not like the 204 at all either the barrel or cartridge. Sold it got a 223 Rem sporter barrel also a savage take off. Tat rig was surprisingly accurate despite having a sporter weight barrel and tupperware stock. Then bought a 243 Win barrel, ew bolt head (.473 bolt face) and magazine to suit . Also more than accurte enough for hunting purposes Amazing. If years ago someone had told me Inwould be able to alter and chage out rifle parts like this I would not have believed it. I also have two long action 110's with barrels for 6mm BR, 25-06, 270 30-06 and 7 mag.

Basic Member
    It's a disease with no cure!

Basic Member
    My thoughts are the same, I use the Axis platform instead. Have 2 to change to 22-250, 243, 25-06, 270, 30-06, 308 and 7mm-08 when I want something different. Only takes a short time to swap barrels and bore sight and ready to shoot. Good hobby for a retired person like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trigger time!
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Strut what turned you off to the 204 ? I am kind of interested in one but not sure. Help me out !

Basic Member
    It could have been a poor barrel. On thinking back on it it was very inconsistent. I grew tired of messing with it.