Thread: Model 10 OR 10T or 10T-SR

Model 10 OR 10T or 10T-SR

I bought this at the local shop for 430 yesterday, the barrel simply says Model 10. From what I have read it looks more like a 10T, It does not have the detachable magazine but does have the 24" heavy barrel, it is threaded and the previous owner added a pretty beefy muzzle break. I just want to know what I actually have. Planning on changing the stock and adding a detachable magazine if possible. Tried attaching a photo, but i'm not that smart with that yet. Thanks for your help.

Basic Member
    The 10T has a detachable magazine. I sold mine this past summer. You can call savage with serial number and they can tell you what you have.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Basic Member
    My model 10 FP .308 came with a hidden magazine with an unfluted heavy barrel with an Accu-Trigger and without an Accu-Stock.
    It was manufactured in late 2009, and I bought it new in 2010.
    I had the barrel replaced by Savage after 6500 rounds with a fluted heavy target barrel that was suppressor ready.
    Other than the fluting, it sounds exactly like the rifle you bought, except that I still have mine.
    It is possible someone replaced the barrel or had it threaded to handle a suppressor.

The new, factory replacement barrel group averages are over 0.2 inches smaller than the groups shot with the original factory barrel.
    I am a lot better shooter and reloader now than I was when I was shooting the original barrel, but the new barrel is still more accurate.

I read that the 10T-SR had a detachable magazine. Are the 10T and 10T-SR marked as such or simply marked as Model 10?

Basic Member
    The 10T is non threaded, the SR is threaded. Still same rifle. It will show 10T on the barrel, at least mine did.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

So sounds like i got a standard model 10 then with a 24 inch heavy target barrel which either came with the barrel threaded or the previous owner had threaded but didn't upgrade the stock