I am looking for help with reduced loads for the SML. If I wanted to turn it into a .458 Win Mag or shoot a deer 300 yards away there is plenty of help. I have mine because I do not like to clean any of the new ML powders. I am 80 years old with 2, 14 year grandsons. I learned a long time ago that it does not take a magnum to kill a piece of paper. I have a good supply of Hornady 185, 200 and 230 grain . 451 bullets. I have several powders, 4895, 748, Trail Boss, Unique, 4759 and 2400. Most shots will be yards or less.

This will sound unfriendly. I do not mean it to be so. I am frustrated in not finding information. I am not interested in opinions. I want hard data from someone who shoots reduced loads for fun. I have read most of the articles available on the SML. There is very little help. I may be the only owner not interested in killing a moose in the next county.

I will be using MMP sabots and looking forward to range time. With 3 bullets, 3 sabots and 3 powders there is a lot of fun to be had working up a short range easy shooting load for myself and grandsons.

From a cold, damp but sunny day I ask for HELP. (I know, I know. I am shouting. SORRY. That is a Big sorry)

eleyxring Oklahoma