If I wanted to turn my ML into a .458 Win Mag there is more than enough info available. If I want to take 300 yard shots the same applies. What I want to do is shoot bullets in the 185-250 grains at a moderate velocity out to 100 yards. I am approaching my 80th birthday and have twin grandsons age 14. I learned a while back that it does not take a magnum to kill a piece of paper. I am looking for loads YOU ARE USING. I am not interested in gossip or "I heard from a fellow". I am thinking of 4895, Unique, 2400, 748 or even Trail Boss powders. Again I want to know what you are USING. I have read most of the available articles and find little if any help. Not looking for a hunting load I have found a supply of Hornady pistol bullets in .451/2 in 185, 200 and 230 gr. All are FMJ. I will be ordering sabots from MMP. 451/2 Bullet/Sabot combinations would be welcome. I have some .458 lead bullets that I shoot in my 45/70 that might work in the Orange MMP /sabots. I reload and have all of the listed powders available. I will consider the V powder line.

With a variety of powder and shot, I will spend wonderful range time experimenting and teaching the boys the fun of muzzle loading

After writing this you would be welcome to ask why the Savage ML? Its simple, having this rifle mean that I never have to say "clean me"

Eleyxring, Oklahoma