Thread: where do i find a savage top bolt release sear?

Basic Member

where do i find a savage top bolt release sear?

As above. Can't find a shop that has them in tock, not sure if Savage sells them?

Call Savage. If they balk, tell them you will sign a waiver. If that does not work, get your gunsmith to order 5 of them. Sell the rest. They are a hot item.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Sharp Shooter Supply may have them.
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Basic Member
    First step is Savage.
    If no-go, and after verifying with Savage, see if they will take an order from your FFL, wherein your FFL orders it with prepayment for the part and shipping.
    I had a complete change of life experience with them over Target Accutrigger springs.

Basic Member
    I have on occasion needed trigger parts.....talked to my gunsmith ....done deal goood luck

Basic Member
    My last order of them was from numrich since they did the “notify when available” option. As soon as I saw the email I ordered 6. One was accounted for on a buddy’s project and the rest were for other projects and a couple spares. I bought some from Savage directly before and it’s a pain in the butt. I always get more than I need because I’ve had new ones that were junk before, warped so bad they couldn’t be installed on the action and I’ve yet to find a way to bend them without breaking.

Basic Member
    I'm not a LGS but I've purchased "restricted" parts from Savage before by signing a waiver. Not all customer service reps at Savage are familiar with this process so be sure to mention you'll be happy to sign a waiver. Down load it, sign it and fax it back. That easy. Their prices are the lowest and shipping is quick. Always, always, always buy spares to trade, pay it forward (donate) or sell. I bought a crap ton of bolt parts last time to fill my spares box. Extractors, ejectors, springs, pins, firing pins, balls, various bolt heads etc.

If you hit a dead end at Savage on the sear, you might find an accutrigger for sale on the forums, but you may have to up your membership to access the For Sale forum. As Maztech89 wrote, Numrich is another good source for parts albeit a bit more expensive.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

On the off chance that you had one of the old two piece sears and it broke, Just thought I'd mention it can be spot welded back together. I have had to spot weld two of them over the decades.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.