Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible new budget chassis offering - Oryx from MDT

Quote Originally Posted by NeverSkurred View Post
    If the only difference in the Axis and Axis II is the trigger I can't figure out why the Axis II isn't compatible, unless I'm mistaken about the differences which is likely.
    IIRC the AccuTrigger uses a different trigger bracket that requires a bit more space room in the stock, thus a difference in inlet. Been awhile since I messed with an Axis and we pathetic lefties don't get Axis II's with the AccuTrigger, so that's about as much help as I'm going to be. lol
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    IIRC the AccuTrigger uses a different trigger bracket that requires a bit more space room in the stock, thus a difference in inlet. Been awhile since I messed with an Axis and we pathetic lefties don't get Axis II's with the AccuTrigger, so that's about as much help as I'm going to be. lol
    I can't speak to the Axis/Axis II specifically, I can with regard to the LSS/Stealth chassis and the 110. The Stealth/LSS chassis requires a very slight bit of clearancing when used with the older flat-back, non accutrigger rifles. The upper part of the trigger curve contacts the very front of the chassis hole where the trigger comes down through.

That may be similar to the issue between axis and axis 2. Wish I still had an LSS/Stealth to show a picture of the contact, but I'm currently running a Drake LWSS with a non-accutrigger flat-back and it doesn't have that issue.
    FTR in 223, BA LE Tactical in 308, 110 Flatback in CBI 6mmBR Norma, Others

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12