Thread: Rescued two 110’s from the pound today.

Rescued two 110’s from the pound today.

I recently decided I need something in 6.5 Creedmore but am cheap and did not want to pay full price for one. Last night posted in classifieds on here to find a barrel but ended up with two. With an extra barrel I had to decide which rifle besides the 22-250 I’d already meant to tear down would go. Since I didn’t pick one I hit a few pawn shops on the way home. Ended up with. A centerfeed accutrigger 308 for $225 OTD and a flat back 270 with with a 3 screw trigger (my favorite savage of all time) for $185 OTD. Can’t wait to get them rebarreled and see how they shoot. I’ll have to see if I can fight off the urge to put them Boyd’s stocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Great deals!!! Keep us posted on the progress

Quote Originally Posted by ninner View Post
    I recently decided I need something in 6.5 Creedmore but am cheap and did not want to pay full price for one. Last night posted in classifieds on here to find a barrel but ended up with two. With an extra barrel I had to decide which rifle besides the 22-250 I’d already meant to tear down would go. Since I didn’t pick one I hit a few pawn shops on the way home. Ended up with. A centerfeed accutrigger 308 for $225 OTD and a flat back 270 with with a 3 screw trigger (my favorite savage of all time) for $185 OTD. Can’t wait to get them rebarreled and see how they shoot. I’ll have to see if I can fight off the urge to put them Boyd’s stocks.

Sweet deal and they really need the Boyd's stocks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Jester

Basic Member
    That's a find for sure!!! +1 for Boyds!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X304F using Tapatalk

Sounds like a deal. You probably don't want to run any 130s through that old flatback (I have a soft spot for them as well) because it would probably wind up shooting too well to become a "donor". Just something magic about a .277 130 running 3200FPS
    Those old flatbacks have great bones and make great projects for a hardware store tune up without aftermarket.
    You know bed, paint and adjust the LOP on the factory stock, Tune up the trigger and change out the spring, Maybe a bolt lift kit and some good bases rings and glass from a holiday sale.....
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by big honkin jeep View Post
    You probably don't want to run any 130s through that old flatback (I have a soft spot for them as well) because it would probably wind up shooting too well to become a "donor". Just something magic about a .277 130 running 3200FPS
    You said it all right there.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Yea but I’ve already got one and this one has a little light rust. The rust will likely disappear with steel wool and clp. I’ll see how the action feels after the rebarrel and install a lift kit if it needs one. Christmas time last year I was telling my brother his Creedmore couldn’t do anything my 270 couldn’t do better now I’m building 2? I guess I won’t tell him.

Your prices in Texas are pretty much what I see here in central Georgia. My last 110 buy in 30-06 has the factory hardwood stock that a previous owner did a nice job of refinishing. The bluing looked almost perfect. I got the rifle for $225 OTD.

Sweet, I saw the prices on gundeals and was I impressed with hog hunter being $360s
    newbie from gr, mi.

Keep us posted please!

I’m currently collecting parts, the last of which will be in Friday, and building a 8’x2.5’ wheeled work bench out of butcher blocked 2x4s. I’ll take picks after the barrel vice and mill are mounted on the new bench.

Two more glaze coats on the bench and I’ll be ready to start the bulids

Quote Originally Posted by ninner View Post
    Two more glaze coats on the bench and I’ll be ready to start the bulids

Lookin good!!

Had a first today, I had to apply a little heat to a 110 to loosen the barrel nut. I can usually just chuck it up in the barrel vice and give the wrench a good wack with a ballpien hammer but today I had to break out the action wrench and apply heat. Anyway my sons rifle is done and bore sighted, we will sight it in Christmas Day.

Basic Member
    Nice set up, I have my barrel vise on the end of my work bench that used to be a "L" kitchen counter. Plenty of room to leave barrel in vise and still have table to work on. I use a regular barrel vise and the center of a toilet paper roll and cheater bar to tighten then hit with steel hammer to loosen nut. Works pretty good for me, mine also had a little rust but didn't turn in my vise. We are at about the same point except I'm redoing my stock before putting everything together. Need pictures of your finished rifle!!.

Rescued two 110’s from the pound today.

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181225/f6d2f8053a24f9d3278df226a0c5969b.jpg[/IMG

My son shot two one inch 5 shot groups off a rickety ass plastic table so I’ll call it a win. MOdeer all day long With low end glass.

Total build cost $325 and I’m positive it’s good for 1k yds with decent glass.

Basic Member
    Nice that’s a hell of a deal. I’m in the process of hunting down an action for a 6.5 PRC build and I’m looking at about 250 for the doner rifle