Thread: Hi from New Hampshire

Hi from New Hampshire

Hello!

I am Mike from the middle of the state of New Hampshire. I've been hunting (firearms and archery), fishing, hiking, and camping for decades, and reload at least 50% of my ammunition for rifles and handguns. I like all brands of firearms, but mostly have Rugers and Marlins, with a Remington, Winchester, and High Standard or two mixed in, along with my (1) and only Savage - a Model 110D. When I was a teenager, I always used "loaner" rifles from my Dad or uncles. In College, I bought this Savage 110 as "my" first very own firearm purchase, and it has been on numerous deer hunting trips, though not many lately.

I have been "rediscovering" my original love and have been starting to work on some loads for it. It REALLY seems to like the Federal Fusion 150 gn factory loads, so I am probably going to be focusing on coming close to that load so I can enjoy shooting it more often, and have (1) "do everything" load for it. This will actually be the first bottleneck cartridge that I load for - I've been loading for 38/357, 45ACP, 45Colt, and 45-70 for about 8-10 years now.

The old 110D isn't a beauty queen, and I've had to refinish the stock as the original finish was severely worn away. It has definite likes and dislikes as far as ammo goes. I've strongly considered trading it in on a newer rifle with a better trigger, but I've lugged it around for so many years now, it is like a loyal dog you just cannot stand to part with.

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Welcome
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    Welcome. Went to Plymouth State many years ago. NH is a real nice area.

Welcome from northeast georgia
    Ackley was right all along