Thread: Savage Axis Stainless Fluted Value?

Savage Axis Stainless Fluted Value?

Hey all. I've never been a Savage rifle guy; so, I thought I would go to where people know them. I came into a Savage Axis in a round about way. I am going to sell it locally and would like to know a reasonable value. I've done a lot of checking online and just don't see many configured like this and can't get a good feel for a used value. By the way, I'm not one of these nuts who feels like, since it's mine, it must be a higher value than others. Anyway, according to the serial number it appears to be of 2013 vintage. It is an Axis with a camo stock, stainless fluted barrel in 7/08. It also has two magazines. Can someone provide me with a reasonable range that will enable me to a) sell it; and, b) not hose myself? Thanks in advance.

Scope and bases?

Maybe $300 with a 3-9x Weaver/Bushnell/Nikon.

$270 without scope & rings.

And then settle for $20 less.
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

Thanks for the response Stumpkiller. That is about what I was figuring. I'll probably leave the Leupold bases and rings on it and try to sell for around $275. Hey, I was in the ballpark.