I'm getting ready to rebarrel my wife's backup rifle (Savage Lady hunter). Her primary rifle wears a heavy sporter barrel which is in a boyds stock. I do not want to take that rifle all apart to measure the difference in barrel thickness since the thing is screaming in the accuracy department and I do not want to mess that up (currently shoots bug holes at 100 yards). The lady hunter stock is a bit more slender than the standard savage stock so while I can remove some material from the fore end to allow free-floating, I do not want to be removing a ton as I want the stock to remain relatively strong. Does anyone have an idea how much thicker a heavy sporter barrel is compared to a regular savage sporter barrel at the nut and then say 6 inches down from the nut? If not too much difference, id prefer the heavy sporter as thicker barrels are always a better thing BUT not at the price of weakening the stock too much. Or maybe just play it safe and go with a regular sporter. This will not be a competition gun so while 5+ shot groups sub MOA are great, 3 shot groups would be just fine. Thanks!