Thread: 110 savage ser. j. I have questions? ??

110 savage ser. j. I have questions? ??

Hey Guys I got an old 110 ser.j ,22 -250 heavy barrel .and it shoots very well.
    I'm the 3rd owner.if i rember savage told me it was made around 79 or so.anyhow I can't stand the trigger anymore its a pre acutrigger i think...what is a cost effective replacement where I can get 3lbs or so..
    And is the 110 action screws length same as the long action??
    Would a replacement stock like a Boyd pro varmint long action work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. .thanks.

Team Savage
    Measure the distance between the screw holes. 5 1/16 and it is a true long action. Is it single shot? If it is a true J action is will be hard to find a stock that fits.

Team Savage
    • "If it is a true J action is will be hard to find a stock that fits".??

It's just a matter of moving the front action screw hole forward a bit along with the recoil lug area.
      Maybe 1/4"?
      The "J" is longer than the now short action and shorter than the now long actions.
      Where there's a will there's a way. I've and a couple of different modified stocks on my "J" 110 V.
      The back end (trigger/tang) area is the same as any other older Savage. Just adjust the front area to fit. And while you're at it, set pillars and be done with it.
      Just decide on what you want and go for it.

Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Thanks for the stock info..my action is a 4.525 or so..so is it a small action??? And would a 10 or 12 sm.action byods pro -varmiter work???
    And I will re-post about trigger question. .which would be cost effective to get around 3lbs..any help would be appreciated. .thanks Guys.��

Basic Member
    Here is some information that will help in your search. http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...Action-Lengths
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Team Savage
    As far as a replacement trigger, think Rifle Basix. Got a couple and love them. Maybe $100.00?? Savage II is for bench work so think before you go that way.

And, it looks like you're dealing with a 1st generation short action.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Basic Member
    I have purchased several target accutriggers off this site over the years, selling my varmint accutriggers in the process. You might consider upping your membership to gain access to the classifieds and place a want-to-buy ad. There are aftermarket triggers available too. http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...vs-Rifle-Basix

Once you know what you have and what you want, it's just a matter of waiting for the right used part to become available here, or buying new.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    Have you looked closely at the trigger? If it is a 3-screw trigger, it is easily adjusted down to 2.5-3# by replacing the L-shaped wire and reducing the depth of the sear notch engagement.

Basic Member
    I got a SAV-2 for my 112J 220S and just installed it tonight, but I'm having trouble adjusting it. I need to call them tomorrow and do some talk with them mostly about the sear and the sear adjustment. It was easy to install, but to tell the truth, the original trigger in it was not bad, it was well under #3, but I never measured it. I just got a hankering. I'm hoping it's not any worse, I read a lot of good things about it. If I get it going tomorrow, I'll report. It was $147 from eabco. You can get it from the factory for $159 plus shipping.