Thread: Mark II advice

Basic Member

Mark II advice

I found and FV for $150 OTD and F for $150 plus tax. I am trying to decide if selling my Mark II GXP non accu trigger is worth the hassle and spending the extra money on an accu trigger? I only squirrel hunt occasionally with it and shoot paper 2-3 times a year. Part of me says just do a trigger job on the current rifle and save some money but another part says flip the GXP for $75-100 and buy the accu trigger model. Another thing im undecided on is the heavy barrel vs sporter barrel. Buds shows the guns only being 1lbs difference but that doesn't seem right to me.

Pick one for me!

Get the FVSR, you won't regret it and that is as good an excuse as one needs for a new rifle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Jester

If your current rifle shoots well I'd keep it and just do the trigger job - you know what you've got with that one. Either of the others is an unknown on how they'll shoot and you won't be gaining anything with them. I've never cared much for the rimfire AccuTrigger anyway - just not as consistent pull to pull as the centerfire version in my experience.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Mark II advice

I realize this is an older thread, but if you haven't made the decision, yet, I'd keep your GX and get a trigger job done. There's a really great company in Idaho, savagegunsmithing.com that can do it for a very reasonable price, and from what I've heard the work they do on the non-accutrigger models are way smoother and better than the factory accutrigger. As a matter of fact, I just sent in my Mark II F to have the trigger job done. I'll let you know how it goes once I get it back.