hi there,

I recently started working on a model 19 NRA that was passed down from family a long time ago. I was just able to source a new stock, because somebody bubba'd the crap out of the old one. it looks like they tried to make a pistol grip with some bondo or wood putty or something.

They also hacked away at the wood behind the receiver and installed a flip-up peep sight. I'm not sure of the manufacturer as it's not marked (even on the bottom of the base - I checked). The front sight is a Redfield.

I have two original magazines for it, which I'm pretty excited about as they seem to be pricey.

Any ideas on where I can source a rear sight without breaking the bank? The action and barrel of the gun seem to be in relatively good shape, considering how they've been stored for the past few decades - I think the protective layer of filth kept it from getting too bad. I'd really like to get this thing back to original or as period-correct as possible without hacking on it too much.

looking forward to shooting it soon!

Edit: the rear sight area has the two different-sized mounting holes. It looks like this takes either a No.5 or No.10 savage sight. I've scoured eBay and gunbroker with no success yet...