Hi Savageshooters,

I am new to the forum, new to the AR platform and have been looking at the Savage MSR 15 Valkyrie since it’s concept. Savage is known to make very accurate rifles and I liked the idea of the 5R rifling, two stage trigger, m-loc front grip, Hogue stock. But I have heard both good and bad about the .224 cartrige and Savage’s entry with the Recon LRP. So was kinda thinking maybe I will just hold off on the Valkyrie and get the .223 Wilde. Gunbroker had a LRP no reserve with a day left, place my bid, knowing it will go for much more. Email came in you are the winning bidder, for less then the .223 Recon.

Now I am waiting on shipping, then background check, the whole time wondering how accurate or inaccurate she will be. Ordered up 400 rnds of Federal AE 75 Grain, figured that should give me an idea how it shoots. I know some say you need several brands, grains yada yada. If she don’t shoot what I feed her then I don’t need her. Anyway picked up a cheap scope $40 off Amazon, just to test both the rifle and the scope.

Beautiful day at the local range today, sun shinning about 50F, very little wind, set up at 100 yds. First two shots couldn’t see where they hit, moved over to the 50 yd and put up 30”x30” paper and a 6” splatter target in the center. Third round 6” high 8” right, couple more shots and was dialed in. Back to hundred yds, some more adjustments after the first few shots and she was hitting dead on. Easy getting 1” groups, I’m sure a good shooter could tighten that up a lot. Emptied one mag at the 200 yd just as the sun was setting, which was a bit more difficult but still got slightly bigger then 2”group.

After putting 200 rnds down range without a hiccup I have to say this is a pretty straight shooter. I enjoyed shooting this rifle, the two stage trigger is very nice and makes a hugh difference for the better in my shooting abilities. All in all this rifle is a keeper to this point. I will consider getting a better scope and some more ammo in various grain to experiment more with what it can do.

Good Shooting
Bill