Thread: Is it worth the extra cost to purchase a AccuStock system rifle

Is it worth the extra cost to purchase a AccuStock system rifle

None of my savages have the new Accustock system. If I were to buy a rifle with this system will my groups shrink? Better than an aftermarket stock? Let here what the owners of the AccuStock rifles have to say?

PS: I need to build up the # of threads so I can get to open up pictures etc. I'll try not to blabber...

Basic Member
    I havent gotten the chance to shoot my 10t-sr yet but I know when I was I at cableas I was able to get the barrel on a 12 fv to touch the stock with very little pressure. The 10t-sr with the accustock, this was not the case. Unfortunately I cant yet speak the the accuracy of shooting something with a accustock vs tupperware stock or an aftermarket stock.

At the time when I purchased the 10t-sr it was $100 more then the 12fv and it came with the accustock, detachable box mag, threaded, over-sized bolt handle and a rail. Seemed worth the extra $100 to me.

I will for sure be following this thread to see where it goes.

Basic Member
    Accustocks are a huge step up from a regular plastic stock. They are maybe as good as a low end aftermarket stock.

IMO they are worth the extra money if you want to leave the gun as is forever. I have no problem leaving them like that as they are a nice stock.

Team Savage
    I've been playing with Savage rifles for over twelve years or more. It did not take long for me to learn that the entry level Savage tupperware stocks, plastic trigger guards and plastic DBM assembly were a waist of money. If I wanted to bring out the true accuracy potential of a Savage rifle, then upgrades where needed. A better stock, metal bottom parts and epoxy bedding added hundreds of dollars to the cost of each rifle. Most of my Savage rifles ended up with factory or aftermarket hardwood, walnut and laminated stocks. Last fall, I purchased my first Savage rifle with the Accustock. The new Savage 110 model with the Accufit-Accustock system has proven to be just as accurate as any of my Savage rifle builds. It required no out-of-the box upgrades for great accuracy. It is as solid as any of the bedded Savage American Classic, Bell & Carlson, Boyd's, Stockade and walnut LWH stocks I've owned over the years. Also, the new adjustable, Accufit stock system is "icing on the cake" for the perfect individualized fit and feel.

Team Savage
    Put me down as a "non-accustock" guy. Some of my most accurate rifles were Savages in the "cheap tupperware stock" with the Axis magazines.

I've owned several Savages that came in Accustocks from the factory. They all weighed a ton and none of them shot any better than they did after I swapped those accustocks for the MUCH lighter tupperware stocks. I expected to see a difference, but I never did.

I have zero problems routinely shooting Sub-MOA groups with the tupperware stock and plastic bottom parts with Axis style mags. The only thing I lose is unnecessary weight.

I've also never understood the "touching the barrel" argument with the lighter stocks. If you're causing the stock to touch the barrel, then you're holding the rifle wrong.

Basic Member
    It does depend on what you use it for. Hunting, off hand or held against a tree, the non-accustock will work fine (unless you 'lean' on it against the tree :) ).

But, if you use a bipod and pull hard on the rifle then it will bend. If you use a military style sling and tension it, you will probably bend the stock.

I rarely put any pressure on a forearm when shooting from a bench. I did get an aftermarket stock simply because I needed the weight and wanted a pretty, wood stock. The rifle did not shoot any better, but, I was able to hold the rifle on target better.

I own a few centerfire savages and one of them has a B & C aftermarket stock. And the aftermarket stocks are nice. But is it more accurate? I don't know. With that said I just purchased a FV in .204 at Cabela's with the tupperware stock. It was cheap with the sales price and rebate. (See I'm a sucker) and if I thought I needed the AccuStock I guess I wouldn't have made that purchase. Now if I was assured that it would reduce my groups by 1/2 MOA I think I would have spent the extra money. That's was brought up the question I asked.

I hope we see others jump into this conversation.

Basic Member
    Monte Carlo stocks improve my groups. So if my Accustock were Monte Carlo I’d say it is better.

I have an Accustock which shoots better only because it has a high quality custom barrel on it now and I sent it to Sharp Shooter. Before that it was similar to my Model 14 Classic. My 220F slugger with plastic stock will put slugs in the same hole at 50 or 80 yards - can’t remember the sight in distance since it has been unused for four years. Because of barrel jump I snug it tight and must be aware of not torquing it.

Basic Member
    Your mileage may vary. I believe the 10T series is one of the best buys out there for someone looking to get into long range precision shooting. I have one of the early 10Ts without the threaded barrel. It has been a sub MOA shooter from day one at distances up to 1200 yards. The current crop of 10T-SRs with Accu-Stock, Accu-Trigger, threaded barrel, target bolt and 20 MOA rail all in a sub $600($500 on sale) rifle is really one of the best "sleeper" deals out there in a long range setup. I painted my stock and added a Hornady cheek riser but otherwise left it original. Accu-Stocks are definitely worth the modest price increase in my opinion.