Thread: Savage model 16 FCSS Weather Warrior price?

Banned

Savage model 16 FCSS Weather Warrior price?

Wondering what a fair price is for a Savage model 16 FCSS Weather Warrior in 260 Rem, with a bedded Boyd’s Prairie Hunter stock, RB SAV-1 trigger, and a set of tally LW rings?

Basic Member
    I take it we are talking used, my weather warrior 6.5x284 Norma -the Boyds stock was $725 used like new condition, I hope this helps !!!

Most aftermarket is personal preference. I've never really seen any aftermarket do anything for the price of a rifle unless someone just had to have it or it was a really nice scope. Most likely still gonna take a beating on the scope. Most of the additional money spent on a rifle is "throwaway" money spent on an individuals taste. Most buyers want rifles in factory configuration. It would probably be best to return it to it's factory configuration and sell off the aftermarket as parts seperately if you want the most return on it.

I usually value rifles by finding closed auctions on auction sites like gunbroker and check to make sure the rifle actually sold. Lots of crazy asking prices and so many of the listings are pie in the sky. Sold rifles actually tell what the market will bear in a national market.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by big honkin jeep View Post
    Most aftermarket is personal preference. I've never really seen any aftermarket do anything for the price of a rifle unless someone just had to have it or it was a really nice scope. Most likely still gonna take a beating on the scope. Most of the additional money spent on a rifle is "throwaway" money spent on an individuals taste. Most buyers want rifles in factory configuration. It would probably be best to return it to it's factory configuration and sell off the aftermarket as parts seperately if you want the most return on it.

I usually value rifles by finding closed auctions on auction sites like gunbroker and check to make sure the rifle actually sold. Lots of crazy asking prices and so many of the listings are pie in the sky. Sold rifles actually tell what the market will bear in a national market.
    That is exactly the way I gauge current selling prices on rifles these days.

I do have to somewhat disagree with your thoughts on aftermarket additions to a rifle. Depending on what it is, some aftermarket adds nothing to value, however if it affects the accuracy and precision of a rifle, it definitely adds value to the gun, for example a factory plastic stock vs a stiffer aftermarket stock with a bedding job that shrinks groups from 1” down to 1/2” or better groups at 100 yds.

Basic Member
    Are you buying or selling ??

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickyboyboo View Post
    That is exactly the way I gauge current selling prices on rifles these days.

I do have to somewhat disagree with your thoughts on aftermarket additions to a rifle. Depending on what it is, some aftermarket adds nothing to value, however if it affects the accuracy and precision of a rifle, it definitely adds value to the gun, for example a factory plastic stock vs a stiffer aftermarket stock with a bedding job that shrinks groups from 1” down to 1/2” or better groups at 100 yds.
    I would agree IF there is proof that the group size is smaller AND the barrel isn't shot out. The problem is, when buying used, you are gambling. Is the rifle a good shooter? How much barrel life is left? Or, is it some backyard gunsmith's hack job.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deerhunter99 View Post
    Are you buying or selling ??
    Selling

Basic Member
    Can you post pictures ??

Banned
    Can you post pictures ??

Basic Member
    Very nice !!!!!!

Before either of you get yourself into hot water, remember we have a rule prohibiting buying/selling outside of the classifieds.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Before either of you get yourself into hot water, remember we have a rule prohibiting buying/selling outside of the classifieds.
    Hot Water!! Frightening!!

I’m sure plenty of deals go on behind the scenes here every day.

I'm sure there are, but those people are at least smart enough to do it in a way that I don't see it.

I was nice and gave you a polite warning, but we have restricted classifieds for a reason and when you registered here you agreed to abide by our rules - whether you agree with them or not is completely irrelevant. You're more than welcome to push your luck and see where it gets you, but I wouldn't recommend it.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Wow got in trouble for asking to see a picture, I think everybody needs to chill out !!!

Banned
    Wow got in trouble for asking to see a picture, I think everybody needs to chill out !!!
    I agree 100%. They are all afraid someone will sell something and they won’t get their cut they think they deserve.

Like I said before, I was nice and polite the first go around and simply reminded you two that we have rules here regarding buying and selling. I didn't close or delete the thread, I didn't delete the posts, and I didn't issue either of you an infraction. Slicky is the one that wanted to get lippy about my reminding him of the rules, and I responded in kind by reminding him who runs this show.

Now you both want to act like I'm the one in the wrong? I don't think so!

Let me put it in plain, simple terms for ya: Obide by the rules or get off my site. Clear enough?

Banned
    Like I said before, I was nice and polite the first go around and simply reminded you two that we have rules here regarding buying and selling. I didn't close or delete the thread, I didn't delete the posts, and I didn't issue either of you an infraction. Slicky is the one that wanted to get lippy about my reminding him of the rules, and I responded in kind by reminding him who runs this show.

Now you both want to act like I'm the one in the wrong? I don't think so!

Let me put it in plain, simple terms for ya: Obide by the rules or get off my site. Clear enough?
    I’m not being lippy about anything, just stating the oh so obvious.

Neither deerhunter99 or I are in the wrong, because we haven’t broken any rules. We are just two guys trying to have a conversation about a rifle, and that’s all. No one ever acted like you were in the wrong, you had to intervene because you were scared you were about to get cut out of a deal.

Stating the obvious? Since when do I get a "cut" on anything bought or sold in our classifieds? That's news to me! We have a paid membership system here, of which permission to post stuff for sale is restricted to paying members. It's been that way since 2007.

And for the record, I never said either of you broke a rule - hence the polite warning. I saw where things were potentially heading so I gave said warning so that neither of you would break a rule - knowingly or unknowingly. What did I get for trying to be nice? Lip service! No respect I tell ya....no respect!

Banned
    Stating the obvious? Since when do I get a "cut" on anything bought or sold in our classifieds? That's news to me! We have a paid membership system here, of which permission to post stuff for sale is restricted to paying members. It's been that way since 2007.

And for the record, I never said either of you broke a rule - hence the polite warning. I saw where things were potentially heading so I gave said warning so that neither of you would break a rule - knowingly or unknowingly. What did I get for trying to be nice? Lip service! No respect I tell ya....no respect!
    Your cut, is the charging a paid membership for no other reason than your financial gain. There are too many other forums that don’t charge a thing to sell in the classifieds to worry with trying to sell something here. They do have paid sponsorships, but that is completely different.

As for the thread, things weren’t potentially headed anywhere, but conversation, period.

Then go to another forum! Here, I'll help ya get started on your way because clearly you have zero respect for me, my position here or this site.