Thread: Props to bushnell customer service

Basic Member

Props to bushnell customer service

So many people post up about bad experiences and so few post up about good ones. So I thought I would post up my good experience.

Had a bushnell 6-18x50 scope I have had for probably 15 years. Had it on probably 4-5 different rifles over the years. I would swap it out for bigger or better scopes, and move it to another rifle. Well I put it on a 10-22 after it collected dust on a shelf for probably a year. I take it to the range and I could not get it to sight in. I could get it close, but then further adjustments of the turrets made no change. I tried it on a different rifle (another .22) with the same issue. I was a little bummed, as it was a good scope, nice and clear glass.
    I was about to toss it in the trash when, for some reason I thought, I wonder what the warranty is? Well I check their website and they say they have a limited lifetime warranty. I figure I got nothing to lose but a little postage. I fill out their repair form, print it out and send it on it's way. That was a couple weeks ago.
    Well today I get a package and low and behold, they sent me a brand new scope! Exact same model, just new. I think they have updated the glass as I think this one is even a tiny bit more clear and crisp than the old one.
    So the old saying still holds true, it never hurts to try. I have always been very happy with my bushnell scopes. I have 5 in total (counting this one) and it will probably not be my last. (knock on wood) this is the first issue I have ever had with one of them. Glad to know their customer support backs them up.

I have always used bushnell . Got a couple elites , trophy’s and even a banner . I bought a Simmons Aetec and a trophy xlt. On fleabay which were junk . No questions asked got a couple new ones within 3 weeks . I can’t say a thing bad about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I am glad to hear that. I have a Bushnell Engage that is having some problems with the turrets. I am hoping that they can figure it out, since it is a really clear scope and I would love to have it on a lightweight hunting rifle if it can be fixed. I may have caused the problem, so if they don't fix it I wouldn't be heartbroken. So many companies have no questions asked warrantee, we will see if this is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by want2ride View Post
    I am glad to hear that. I have a Bushnell Engage that is having some problems with the turrets. I am hoping that they can figure it out, since it is a really clear scope and I would love to have it on a lightweight hunting rifle if it can be fixed. I may have caused the problem, so if they don't fix it I wouldn't be heartbroken. So many companies have no questions asked warrantee, we will see if this is the same.
    I have been looking at the engage line myself . Thinking about new glass on my 243

Basic Member
    I have the 6-24x50 engage on a heavy barrel AR-15 and love it. I was extremely impressed with the glass, super clear and sharp.
    I also have a 6-18x40 rimfire scope on a custom 10/22 and love it as well.
    I then have two of their 3-9x40 dusk to dawn scopes (sub $100) on two other rimfires and love them as well.
    I guess I really have to say I do not have a bushnell scope I do not like. They have very impressive picture and clarity, and some of them I can't believe how nice they are when compared to their price.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    I have the 6-24x50 engage on a heavy barrel AR-15 and love it. I was extremely impressed with the glass, super clear and sharp.
    I also have a 6-18x40 rimfire scope on a custom 10/22 and love it as well.
    I then have two of their 3-9x40 dusk to dawn scopes (sub $100) on two other rimfires and love them as well.
    I guess I really have to say I do not have a bushnell scope I do not like. They have very impressive picture and clarity, and some of them I can't believe how nice they are when compared to their price.
    I have always got bang for my buck with them

I have a Bushnell on my Stevens 84C that is probably 40 years old. An easy life - but it never complains and is always ready to go.

Attachment 5388
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godale View Post
    I have been looking at the engage line myself . Thinking about new glass on my 243

Overall I like the scope, it is the 30mm engage, turrets feel good and it is pretty clear and has a nice reticle. I just think I broke it...

I am sure they will take care of you !

Basic Member
    I have a few bushnells and have always gotten good service from them. Hard to beat for the money. Thankfully have never had to use their warranty. I have some concerns about their warranty now as it has changed over the years. Now it says lifetime warranty but when you read the fine print, it says the lifetime of the product. In most cases it’s 30 years, some less depending on the product. Not a true lifetime warranty, but 30 years is a long time for something to last.

I hear a lot of people complain about Bushnell. They compare their 60 dollar Bushnell to expensive alternatives. Have recommended the Elite series to many and have never heard anything but praise back. The 6500 was one tough son of a gun.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    I hear a lot of people complain about Bushnell. They compare their 60 dollar Bushnell to expensive alternatives. Have recommended the Elite series to many and have never heard anything but praise back. The 6500 was one tough son of a gun.
    Your right those are the same people comparing a 770 and 700. Their cheaper lines provide a product for folks who just don’t have the money . I remember buying my first 3200 elites after having banners . Of coarse those banners were under a 100 and those elites were over 300

Basic Member
    Yes I have some 10-15yr old Bushnell scopes that as good as new !!!

Basic Member
    WOW, I honestly thought that bushnell would never be that great but i got a couple optics, 4-16, red dot prisms, etc, wow super impressed with the glass and if the customer service is great that's great

I have been a big fan of Bushnell's top tier products since the early 2000's and continue to be. Bushnell kind of screwed things up a little when they went from the 3200/4200's to the 3500/4500's, but having recently received a new Prime 3-9x40 and Nitro 2.5-10x42 in for review I can say they've made some nice improvements. Wish they would have stuck to the Elite 3xxx/4xxx/6xxx series names, but I'm getting used to the new ones.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    I have been a big fan of Bushnell's top tier products since the early 2000's and continue to be. Bushnell kind of screwed things up a little when they went from the 3200/4200's to the 3500/4500's, but having recently received a new Prime 3-9x40 and Nitro 2.5-10x42 in for review I can say they've made some nice improvements. Wish they would have stuck to the Elite 3xxx/4xxx/6xxx series names, but I'm getting used to the new ones.
    I wish they kept the 3200s elites

When I bought my Axis 30-06 it came as a combo, and you guessed it, not an expensive scope. It was actually a Bushnell 4X32. I took the first shot with my new rifle to get the scope on paper so I could zero it and the cross hairs dropped to the left bottom of the reticle. Downloaded the return form and sent it to Bushnell. Two weeks later I had a brand new scope and I mounted it on my Grandsons Cricket rifle and he became a sharp shooter with it. I zeroed his rifle and simply told him to aim the center of the cross at the place he wanted to shoot. On his second outing with it he shot the stem off of a pumpkin with six shots at about 25 yards. He is definitely a natural, first time his dad saw him shoot it he couldn't believe how good he was. Won't hear a cross word from me about Bushnell customer service. One proud Grandpa!

Quote Originally Posted by godale View Post
    I wish they kept the 3200s elites
    Agreed. Have a 3-9x40 that has never let me down and wish I had 3-4 more of them. Optically the new Prime is on par or maybe just slightly better in clarity/contrast/sharpness, but it did have a little fuzz at the edges.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain