So many people post up about bad experiences and so few post up about good ones. So I thought I would post up my good experience.

Had a bushnell 6-18x50 scope I have had for probably 15 years. Had it on probably 4-5 different rifles over the years. I would swap it out for bigger or better scopes, and move it to another rifle. Well I put it on a 10-22 after it collected dust on a shelf for probably a year. I take it to the range and I could not get it to sight in. I could get it close, but then further adjustments of the turrets made no change. I tried it on a different rifle (another .22) with the same issue. I was a little bummed, as it was a good scope, nice and clear glass.
I was about to toss it in the trash when, for some reason I thought, I wonder what the warranty is? Well I check their website and they say they have a limited lifetime warranty. I figure I got nothing to lose but a little postage. I fill out their repair form, print it out and send it on it's way. That was a couple weeks ago.
Well today I get a package and low and behold, they sent me a brand new scope! Exact same model, just new. I think they have updated the glass as I think this one is even a tiny bit more clear and crisp than the old one.
So the old saying still holds true, it never hurts to try. I have always been very happy with my bushnell scopes. I have 5 in total (counting this one) and it will probably not be my last. (knock on wood) this is the first issue I have ever had with one of them. Glad to know their customer support backs them up.