Thread: DNA test results.

Team Savage

DNA test results.

Trying NOT to get too political but I had to tell someone. My head hurt from laughing so hard!!
    Got my DNA test results. Was looking for any kin my Grandmother may have had. She was born at the Ft. McDowell Indian reservation in Arizona in 1889. Probably squirted out under a bush and more than likely, no records kept. So far, no relatives that I can find. Only one left that may know anything is my big sister but she's 84 and can't remember what she had for dinner 20 minutes ago.

Now for the good part.
    Talked the wife into doing the DNA thing also. She has been told over the years that she was part Sioux Indian on her father's side. Got the results back yesterday. Indian blood? ZERO/ZILCH, NADA !! Her middle name is Elizabeth but I'll start calling her Pocahontas. She will register and will be running for political office this morning. She's got my vote.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

LOL
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Tell her I will vote for her as well!

Three44s

Team Savage
    She lost but said something about a "re count"?

Basic Member
    My MIL told us for years that she had a great grandmother that was 100% black foot Indian. DNA shows 0%. She still talks about her "Indian" ancestry.

Team Savage
    My Uncle (mothers only brother) married my fathers sister so, his first daughter (uncle's) was suppose to be my "double cousin". Got an EXTENSIVE family tree (about 6 feet long) from a cousin on my fathers side that says Uncles daughter, wasn't his? Funny how stories get started and are taken as truth. And the worst part? There's no way to prove it to be fact or fiction. Just stories passed down thru the family.
    Started out looking to see if my Grand Mother had any brothers or sisters. So far nothing, but someone says her mother and father were from Cuba ? Once someone posts it, it's tough to change. Got no way to prove it right or wrong. Never heard anything like that from my Mother. Got the family bible to go by but really not that much info. Keep checking Ancestry.com but no more kin showing up. Lots of third, fourth, fifth and sixth cousins showing up but I already knew about most of them. Not the kin I'am interested in finding. Kinda at a dead end.

Indian blood? ZERO/ZILCH, NADA
    lol. A lot like Oklahoma where ninety percent of the population claim they are "part Cherokee".

I read this guy swabbed his dog and sent it back in as his
    newbie from gr, mi.

Basic Member
    I had the same problem,was told for years I was a half breed Blackfoot only to find out I am almost pure French. Hence,my natural dark skin color came from France not the local tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjive134 View Post
    My MIL told us for years that she had a great grandmother that was 100% black foot Indian. DNA shows 0%. She still talks about her "Indian" ancestry.
    My MIL is nuts too.

Quote Originally Posted by 98dyna View Post
    I had the same problem,was told for years I was a half breed Blackfoot only to find out I am almost pure French. Hence,my natural dark skin color came from France not the local tribe.
    North African blood.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Team Savage
    My Pocahontas just got a reprieve.
    Saw this from Dear Abby today about a guy that swore he was Native American but his DNA showed ZERO.
    "This could be because the DNA databases currently don't have enough Native American DNA to provide matches".
    Don't think I'll tell her yet. I'll let her squirm for a little longer. Don't need no stinken politicians in my family.

Basic Member
    Never found much value in DNA tests but some folks seem to enjoy them. Several were on sale during the holidays and sister purchased one. Waiting on results.

My wife had hers done and like a lot of the people from the Appalachians, she was mainly from Europe. Her older sister, who looks nothing like the rest of the family, talked about getting her checked. I have to bite my tongue as I heard stories about different fathers.... but who am I to stir up a hornets nest. Wait and see is my best bet..:)

Nor Cal Mikie, I wouldn't tell her about the lack of database. Sounds like a cop out from pseudo Dear Abby

Basic Member
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    My wife had hers done and like a lot of the people from the Appalachians, she was mainly from Europe. Her older sister, who looks nothing like the rest of the family, talked about getting her checked. I have to bite my tongue as I heard stories about different fathers.... but who am I to stir up a hornets nest. Wait and see is my best bet..:)
    Sister in law results... "You may be related to the US Postal Service"

Team Savage
    Daddy was a traveling man.