Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rough finish/tool marks inside my new barrel

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Pretty much, but they did not straight out say they will not refund the money.
    I think I am going to send a lengthy email to the CS guy explaining my situation and unhappiness, and how I do not have any plans to buy another barrel any time soon, and chances are, when I do buy another barrel, it will not be from them.
    This may be how you feel about them, but they are working with you. If you tell them you will never buy another barrel from them after they did make an attempt to make you happy, then reply as per your statement above, don't expect much help from them now or in the future.

Well just heard from the manufacturer and they agreed that it was not right. He said he looked back in his records and the blank it was made from was about a year old and the button was at the end of it's life.
    The good: they are going to remake the barrel asap.
    The bad: they said they no longer offer nitride.
    So they are giving me a $100 coupon towards my next barrel. I would have rather had nitride, but oh well. At least I will have the barrel and be able to put this rifle together.
    Mistakes are made daily by "all" companies. It's how they take care of the mistake is what matters. Some would not give you the time of day!

Every company policies are different. Having a company who admits a mistake is a huge asset. I have dealt with most of them throughout the years. It might not be what I "exactly" wanted, but I have not lost any money in the situation.

Thank kindly for their services, you don't know what the future might bring you.

Respectfully,
    Dennis
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    reply as per your statement above, don't expect much help from them now or in the future.
    Well if they refuse to help, then they are not a company I need/want to do business with then. What is to say something like this will not happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    but I have not lost any money in the situation.
    That's one of the things. I do not have a need for any new barrel at the moment, and do not see a need anytime in the near future for one either. So I will be losing $100 unless I buy a barrel I do not need. I am not going to spend $300-$400 to save $100. Some people $100 might not be much, but to other people, like me, it is. How long do you think the "coupon" will be good for? What happens if it is 5 years or 10 years until I need another barrel? Think it will still be good? However unlikely, what happens if they go out of business before I get a chance to use the coupon? It could happen.

Another thing that irks me a little about it, is they state on their site that all of their blanks are checked with a bore scope. So I either call BS on that statement, or the guy using it was blind. I could see the slight roughness with my naked eye looking down the bore, and feel it pushing a patch down the bore, that's why I broke out my bore cam. It should have never made it past their CS inspection.

Basic Member
    J&G what device are you using to bore scope?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage170 View Post
    J&G what device are you using to bore scope?
    I have a lyman digital bore scope.

I hope you did not indicate you would not buy from them again, that takes away the incentive for them to be decent and do what is right. You should demand a refund if they want to keep you as a customer and for crying out loud tell the rest of us the name of this outfit so we can avoid them like that turd that Sharpshooter has for sale. After you get the refund tell them how you really feel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12