Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
Pretty much, but they did not straight out say they will not refund the money.
I think I am going to send a lengthy email to the CS guy explaining my situation and unhappiness, and how I do not have any plans to buy another barrel any time soon, and chances are, when I do buy another barrel, it will not be from them.
This may be how you feel about them, but they are working with you. If you tell them you will never buy another barrel from them after they did make an attempt to make you happy, then reply as per your statement above, don't expect much help from them now or in the future.

Well just heard from the manufacturer and they agreed that it was not right. He said he looked back in his records and the blank it was made from was about a year old and the button was at the end of it's life.
The good: they are going to remake the barrel asap.
The bad: they said they no longer offer nitride.
So they are giving me a $100 coupon towards my next barrel. I would have rather had nitride, but oh well. At least I will have the barrel and be able to put this rifle together.
Mistakes are made daily by "all" companies. It's how they take care of the mistake is what matters. Some would not give you the time of day!

Every company policies are different. Having a company who admits a mistake is a huge asset. I have dealt with most of them throughout the years. It might not be what I "exactly" wanted, but I have not lost any money in the situation.

Thank kindly for their services, you don't know what the future might bring you.

Respectfully,
Dennis