So I picked up a 10BA Stealth last December for a really good price. Its a right hand chambered in 6.5Creedmoor. I've always loved the 6.5x55 Swede and when Hornady came out with the 6.5CM for a short action I thought that was the ticket. I got the Stealth and than quickly found out I prefer the classic wood look and shape/handling over the MDT Chassis. I also picked up a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 ERB-2C MOA scope. I shot it a few times and just found the scope to be too much and I never warmed up to thew chassis, either on the bench or prone it just never felt right. If a firearm dont feel right for you it wont shoot for you.

I was looking at replacing it with a B&C M-40 Medalist with a CDI bottom metal. While looking on Ebay for a more affordable bottom metal option I came across an auction on a factory Savage DBM package from a 110 Tactical 308. I emailed him and soon was on the phone talking with him and after an hour BS and getting details on Savage rifles in general I find out he has a new unmounted 12VLP stock with an open bottom. He checked and the 110 DBM metal fit right in but the trigger guard area on the stock needed a bit of opening up to fit the new trigger guard. The plan was to get the DBM metal fitted and then bed the action and then have fun. After selling the Vortex which I lost veyr littl eon I decided to go with a 12x42 SWFA SS scope with MOA quad reticle.

After coming to a deal he sent me the DBM metal and stock. The Bottom metal did fit but it turned out there was a shelf design for the internal drop magazine that was not allowing the DBM AICS metal to sit all the up where it needed to. Int he pics below you will see the red highlighted areas I am talking about that need to be removed. I measure everything I could, the shelf that needed to be removed, how far away the metal was form the pillars and how low the magazine sat from where it should and how high the metal protruded out of the bottom of the stock. They were all around .175" to .190" good enough.

I HAVE A DREMEL AND IM NOT AFRAID TO USE IT! I also have a lot of sandpaper!

The rifle all the DBM bottom metal came from

Ignore the Typos in the next two shots. I obviously meant "DBM" and "level"