Thread: 110 storm

Banned

110 storm

Thinking of buying a 110 storm, read an article review of this gun and the writer was disappointed with its accuracy compared to other savage rifles. Anyone have a different experience if so with what ammo

Basic Member
    Interested in hearing more about this myself.

David

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

There's a review of the 110 Storm in .30-06 Spfld. on the main page of this website.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basically rifles for the most part are individuals. If you choose a rifle built on a solid design then within that group there are gonna be some better than others and some much better than others. Though I dont currently own a "Storm" which if I understand correctly is a "re named 116", I do have several 116s that shoot the lights out.
    Even though it's been a couple of years since I purchased a "brand new" factory Savage with the latest "improvements" (latest models I bought were accutrigger accustock models without adjustable comb or length of pull) I have never bought a factory 10/110 based rifle that I couldn't get to shoot well under 1" by simply finding the right load and maybe a little torque tuning.
    Heck one of my old 1990s era 116s in 30-06 wont hit a pie plate at 100 yards with factory loaded Nosler 125gr, but will stack 165gr Sierra Game Kings bullet holes in bullet holes ( best group is 10 rounds into .446") and is one of the most consistently accurate hunting rifles that I or most of my buddies have ever seen.
    Just one of those things.....
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

I was reading another article on one a guy tried in .270win, best 3 shot group he got was under 1/2"(150gr) worst was 2"(130?gr). That rifle definitely favored the heavier bullets

Basic Member
    I've got a Storm in 6.5 Creedmoor and cant get it to shoot better than 1.5-2 MOA. I also have a 12LRP in 6.5 creedmoor and that bad boy shoots 1/2 inch groups at 100 all day with handloads and I shoot 2" groups at 300. It's a totally different rifle so I'm not sure what to expect but I'm barley comfortable making a 300 yard kill shot with it. Id like to find someone I can send it to to tune it up. Maybe have the action tried up and a new barrel?

I've been shooting the 143g eldx with IMR4350 because I cant find the H4350. Maybe I need to try different bullets but it's a bit frustrating.

I'm not here to say not to buy one. I'm here trying to figure out what others say about it.

Edit:
    After a bit more load dev I can get 0.75" 100 yard 5 shot groups. I don't shoot like that every day but the rifle is doing better now after i played with seating depth and tuning the action screws.