Thread: Savage 110 Identification

Savage 110 Identification

I recently picked up a savage 110 that has a 24" bb chambered in 25-06 with the tactical police knob on bolt with the savage logo on bolt any help identifying would be greatly appreciated!

Heavy or sporter barrel? Heavy barrel would be a 112FV or 110FP (black bolt on the FP, polished bolt on the FV). If it's a sporter barrel, it's it's just a standard 110 that someone replaced the bolt handle on as nothing with a sporter barrel was ever offered with the large knob bolt handle (at least nothing that was ever cataloged).
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Its the 24" Bull Barrel its a 110 just curious of the model I would post a pic but not sure how lol ....Im new ...

I'm going to say it was likely a 112FV as that's the only blued, heavy-barrel 25-06 I can ever recall Savage offering. Weird though that the barrel is stamped Model 110.

All the models are basically the same and use the same action design (either long or short), they just have different features (ss or blued, hardwood, plastic or laminate stock, sporter or heavy barrel, etc.).
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Is the bolt body black or silver? Does it have the AccuTrigger or a standard "old-style" trigger?
    I seem to recall that Savage once offered the 110FP in 25-06 for a very short time, but if that's what it is, the bolt body will have a black finish instead of silver and it was a model offered in the mid-to-late 90's, so it would not have the AccuTrigger. Also, it would have a distinct matte finish on the action and barrel instead of normal bluing.
    [b]A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire (1694-1778)[/b]

Sounds just like my 110FP in 25-06. (long action synthetic stocked law enforcement rifle)
    They made them on the older flat back reciever design in the mid to late 90s as well as a few round action "accutrigger" models after it's introduction in 2002. I'm not sure when they quit producing them but I don't think they have been cataloged in a while.

I think this is the only pic I've got of mine as it came from the factory.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	savage 110FP and choate (2).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	5365

Unlike most guys I'm a pretty big fan of the factory stocks and find them to be very serviceable, solid enough and very good for projects. But due to the heavy barrel with minimum clearance and the added forward weight of the heavy barrel and the possibility of flex during firing when using a bi pod, I chose to put mine in an aftermarket stock. I had to keep looking for quite a while because until rather recently there haven't been many options for the long action heavy barrel blind mag rigs because Savage didn't make a whole bunch of them. For many years it seems like the only stocks you saw for them were custom order from a stock maker and rather pricey. (I'm cheap preferring function over form and would rather modify my factory parts whenever possible) I finally picked up a Choate Tactical stock with a full length bedding block and plenty of clearance for the barrel and I'm very happy with it. Here it is after paint.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	savage 110FP painted choate.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	257.7 KB 
ID:	5366

Anyway that's my 110FP in 25-06 along with a little info on them and I'm pretty sure that's what you've got as well.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Thank you all for the responses! Big honkin jeep you described it perfectly thats the gun I have