Thread: PAC NOR barrels

Basic Member

PAC NOR barrels

Hey guys.
    Im thinking about a .223 conversion to 6.5 Creedmoor. I’m from northern CA and the closest barrel manufacturer are the folks at pacnor. Anybody running one recently? Love to hear your thoughts

Funny thing....

Back in the early days of this site (2002-2006-ish) everybody and their brother was running Pac-Nor barrels on their Savage's. Part of the reason for that is because they were one of only two outfits who offered pre-fit barrels (SSS using Douglas blanks being the other). We even did several group-buys with them through the site back in the day. About the same time (2006-ish) Savage really started picking up steam in the market with their freshly restored reputation, AccuTrigger and new centerfeed mag systems which resulted in a huge increase in demand and interest in them. As a result most every barrel maker and their brother jumped on the Savage bandwagon and started offering pre-fits. Pac-Nor kinda got lost in the shuffle and you rarely hear them mentioned here anymore. They still make a fine barrel, just as they always have.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Thanks for the info. I know there are a lot out there I just wanted to support the local shop

Basic Member
    I have recently used Pac Nor twice. I have gotten their SSSM both times. Both of those barrels are great shooters! Very easy to clean as they hardly copper up at all. Matter of fact I'm just getting ready to order a 6.5-284 SSSM for my winter build. I'm pretty sure you will not be disappointed in Pac NorClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0563-640x480.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	5367 This was with 22 shots down the barrel.
    #10 G.I. Vietnam. You got anymore ammo?