Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New _ First of its kind in this material- A-5 style stocks

358Hammer

New _ First of its kind in this material- A-5 style stocks

[img width=337 height=450]http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk460/emeraldislandlover/10-01-10_17123.jpg[/img]

[img width=337 height=450]http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk460/emeraldislandlover/NewA-5.jpg[/img]

Sorry these pictures aren't any better but I just got them from my cutter friend and he just got them back and installed the hardware. These are A-5 style stocks to go along with the A-2,A-3,Tooley and palma style that we have been working on the past year. These are for Savage actions but they are being cut for all popular actions currently. The material is the stuff I ran across some months ago and is easily the strongest least flexable material I have ever used. The stocks pictured are 3 pounds 12 oz and are completely finish. Price $200-$300. cheaper than McMillans finished. He and Jim See are cutting these every 5 -6 weeks. 500+ colors and patterns.

All patterns, hardware and material are on hand at this time and stocks are cut ahead. Which means all programs have been proofed and are ready to roll.

Re: New _ First of its kind in this material- A-5 style stocks

Does that price include the hardware?

Basic Member

Website link?

358Hammer

Guys these are so new that they haven't been put on a website. Price is finished complete nothing but skim bed or precision work for a particuler action. So yes with hardware and John my cutter made 20-30 sets of hardward. Price Idea. This stock solid and without hardware will sell for $300. finished.
    centershotrifles.com will let you see some different stock designs.

I will down load an up close and personal picture and return.

Neal

hcpyro13

Ok Hammer, you have my attention. Give me a couple weeks to squirrel away some funds and figure out my budget. What are they made out of?

-Jake

358Hammer

[img width=337 height=450]http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk460/emeraldislandlover/10-01-10_1711.jpg[/img]

Wood!

Neal

Basic Member

I am interesed very much

Neal, a few questions.
    Are they going to be for both screw configurations(4.27-4.440)?
    Can one be made with no mag well?
    What are the colors or where can one go to see the colors?
    Very interested on one for my single shot bench gun, before I take it all apart again to redo the stock I have done already.
    Oh one last ? do you have a final cost for them yet?

Roger
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

358Hammer

Good Morning World

Price has not been set yet other than I said I would not pay the McMillan price. This is super priced material. Meaning its 1/3 or less the cost of regular colored laminate. It is easier to machine than regular laminate and there is NO dead loss from cracking. As most know the hardware is where most of the cost is. My
    feeling on price is a finished non adjustable version of these stocks (A 2) sells for $300.

I currently receive my handgun stocks with and without Mag wells. SO yes they can be made without. I have less than zero knowledge regarding hole spacing. I know that one of those stocks is for a short action Savage and one of those stocks is for some model action made in the early 90's when Savage put 308 and other short action cartridges into one long action stock. We can get whatever hole pattern we want as it is simple enough since all programs have been proofed and set so changing the distance between holes is simply.

http://www.rahoffer.com/32808.html The gray stock is carbon fiber without paint and comes from this website. My candy apply carbon fiber stock started from this website. I asked for the red pigment to be added to the clear coat to get the color. SOme of us have spent a lot of time on the web and talking with Randy and actually the 500 number for color and pattern is a very conservative number.

Carbon fiber blue on a Tooley: [img width=600 height=192]http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk460/emeraldislandlover/65x284_F_Borden_Brux_Jewell_CSR.jpg[/img]

Carbon fiber red and my favorite. The baby zebra pattern was laid over a painted tan base.

[img width=600 height=450]http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk460/emeraldislandlover/CooperBabyZ.jpg[/img]

I also have it with a extreme yellow base and a white base. Sky is the limit and you can have the paint film profesional make it as awesome as you wish to.

Neal

Neal now you have me totally confused. At one point you state $200-$300 finished,in another spot you say $300 without adjustable hardware and then you say that the finish is whatever your finisher wants to make it.
    Are they just going to be an inletted stock unfinished or are they going to be totally finished in different colors or patterns?
    Not trying to break stones here just really interesred in a different stock for my bench rest rifle.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

358Hammer

A couple hundred dollars under the McMillan price.

I am seeing prices coming to and from my computer. They are to talk, Jim and the cutter this afternoon and deciding for sure.
    The price I quoted for the uncut A5 was a bit high based on what I am hearing but well within the ball park.

I would be happy with a complete A5 at $500. Complete meaning done-finished nothing else to do unless someone wants a more exotic???
    I have conveyed this to both the cutter and Jim but since I am not in business nor have anything to do with rifle stuff they are on their own for pricing.

Sorry for any confusion.

Neal

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 358Hammer
    [img width=337 height=450]http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk460/emeraldislandlover/NewA-5.jpg[/img]
    OK, I'm confused.

Quote me a price on this stock (without the bipod) for a short action, staggered feed, internal magazine rifle.
    Frank

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

Skunce

Where can these stock be ordered? Any idea on how long it takes?

358Hammer

These two stocks are for sale! There are more at Centershot.

I do not know how much the guys are going to sell these stocks for. I know they will be cheaper than anyone making the same thing. I know that they will cut every month or so until all orders are filled.

I suggested that you contact Jim @ centershotrifles.com and see what he came up with for a price. I can't answer for him until he publishes a price list in public.

I will say those stocks without any hardware (none adjustable version) are $275.-$25. depending on finish. Best I can do. I do NOT sell as a business and won't be selling anything as a business.

Neal

Jim See

Guys, these stocks are not yet into full production. I have 6 of the first batch comming back this next week, from the dipper/sprayer.

We are working on the"easy as can be for the do it yourselfer" aspect of final fitting a stock.

That means I personally am working on getting the pillars installed just a bit proud on the inlet so the barreled actions drop in and set ON the pillars.
    This is done before the final finish is applied so we have no "oops" This requires EVERY stock to be fit with a barreled action of it's own inlet. This is very easy to do with target actions and heavy contours as I have them at the shop, but may be a bit more problematic with other actions I don't have imediatly available.

So as such the first that will likly be available will be the heavy bench/f-class tooley MBR style.

Other inlets could be had quicker if your willing to be a "doit yourselfer" We will be offering stocks as "gunsmith blanks" 99% inlet, hardware or pad installed as ordered. Snded filled and primed, you or your smith will do the final fitting pillar instal, shipping to the dipper/sprayer for finishing. and then final epoxy skim coat.

I will be gone hunting for a good portion of Oct. so please hold the calls and e-mails until after Nov 1st.

Pricing in general will be slightly less than a Mcmillian stock with a similar configuration of adjustable hardware.
    Unfinished "gunsmith Blanks" will also be available for about $200 less then the finished product. They will be inletted and primed, requiring only cosmetic finish from the dipper and pillar bedding on your dime.

Jim See

tenwalker

Will they have a thumbhole configuration?

jwpark

When do these stock go retail?

Jay

Jim See

Jay, I'll start taking orders November 1st,
    centershotrifles.com

Jim

358Hammer

[img width=600 height=450]http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk460/emeraldislandlover/JimC003.jpg[/img]

[img width=600 height=450]http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk460/emeraldislandlover/JimC0042.jpg[/img]

358Hammer

FedEx just stopped by! Pictures do not come close to telling the details of what I am looking at. I have never in all my years seen anything like this. Randy does incredible finish work..

[img width=600 height=450]http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk460/emeraldislandlover/003.jpg[/img]

that looks good enough to convince any wife you should have one!
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Avenger
    that looks good enough to convince any wife you should have one!
    :D agreed. They look really good. Would like to see one as a finished gun.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

jwpark

Hey Neal,

What are the A-5 style stock on the first post made from??

Jay

358Hammer

Unque profile laminated wood.

Neal

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Avenger
    that looks good enough to convince any wife she should have one!
    I fixed it.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast