Hi all,

I was checking Boyd's today and noticed they have stocks now to accommodate the older side button DBM models. Mine is chambered in 30-06. I've wanted to do work to this rifle for a while, but finding a stock was always an issue. Now, I'm going to get one from Boyd's because it will be better than the 2002 tupperware that is on there now.

My action looks to be a magnum length that hasn't been milled out all the way. I need to put my calipers on it to measure, but it looks like I could squeeze a magnum length cartridge into the action with a new magazine and some milling, if necessary. I'm totally fine with .30-06, but I was going to set this up as more of a stand type rifle and was thinking of chambering it in .300 Win Mag or .300 PRC, if possible with a medium heavy barrel. I'd probably use it as more of a range toy than anything. I just don't know exactly what can and can't do to/with the action and if it is even cost effective to make those kinds of changes. Swapping a bolt head and magazine isn't a huge deal, but milling could be $$$. I know this forum is a wealth of knowledge so any advice is appreciated.

Just to note, I am totally fine with an MOA level rifle. This rifle shoots just about about 1.25-1.5 MOA as is. Just looking to spice this rifle up or maybe start a running project. Thanks!