Thread: AccuTrigger evolution or luck of the draw?

Basic Member

AccuTrigger evolution or luck of the draw?

I have two model 10s in 223 that are a few years apart in age. The AccuTrigger on the new one is AWESOME and the one on the old one is okay. Has Savage evolved the AccuTrigger to have smoother operation and a lighter pull or is this just the luck of the draw for a stamped out trigger?

By the way, the older of the two has a Savage target spring installed and it still is not as nice as the newer one.

Thanks

Trigger I thought mine on my 11 was really great until I bought a CZ and the game's over. CZ has the best trigger on any gun I've ever seen you can adjust the CZ down to almost nothing my 11 is great. Only 308 rifle of ever bought that can put 3 shot groups under an inch at 200 yards with Factory ammo 150 grain whitebox Winchester's thank you

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    OP-

Dumb question- is the better trigger red in color? If so, you have a target accutrigger.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotheringill View Post
    OP-

Dumb question- is the better trigger red in color? If so, you have a target accutrigger.
    No, I don't think it is but will check today.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho View Post
    No, I don't think it is but will check today.
    PLEASE be very careful when replacing springs with those that are made for a different trigger. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't.

There is an easy way to get a super light trigger with no mods what so ever.

Pull the blade back about halfway, pull it and the trigger together, keeping the blade at the halfway point, until it clicks. Now the trigger is set like a 2 stage. When ready to fire, pull the blade. It works 9n the Mark ll trigger anyway. Worth a shot.

https://youtu.be/RaYRibGMU98
    Jester

Quote Originally Posted by Jester560 View Post
    There is an easy way to get a super light trigger with no mods what so ever.

Pull the blade back about halfway, pull it and the trigger together, keeping the blade at the halfway point, until it clicks. Now the trigger is set like a 2 stage. When ready to fire, pull the blade. It works 9n the Mark ll trigger anyway. Worth a shot.

https://youtu.be/RaYRibGMU98
    Nope
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    FWIW, the trigger is not red and I've not changed out springs on the new rifle. It is just such a better trigger than the old one in my first rifle that I'm wondering if they have changed in some way or if I just got lucky and have a great trigger by chance.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho View Post
    FWIW, the trigger is not red and I've not changed out springs on the new rifle. It is just such a better trigger than the old one in my first rifle that I'm wondering if they have changed in some way or if I just got lucky and have a great trigger by chance.

Thanks for the reply.
    I am now officially out of any contemplated suggestions.

Basic Member
    All of my 5 Savage center fire rifles have Accu-triggers with the oldest purchased in late 2007.
    The newest was purchased about 8 months ago.

I have adjusted 4 of them to a 2 lb. pull and all the triggers are just about the same - I don't feel any difference.
    I did notice that one of the triggers sort of lightened up as I used it (over 1000 rounds) and I noticed that it occasionally would lock up when the bolt was closed fast.
    Turns out that the pull had lightened to about 1 lb. 6 oz., which I believe is the recommended lower limit of a standard Accu-trigger.
    When I set it back to 2 lbs. the problem went away and hasn't come back after another 2000 rounds or so.

The other rifle, a 12 LRP, has a precision target Accu-trigger that came from the factory set at 10 oz.
    It shot great but I found that I had problems switching from the precision target Accu-trigger to the standard Accu-triggers at the range.
    I adjusted the target trigger to 1 lb. 2 oz. and it didn't bother me as much. After a year, the 12 LRP still shoots just as accurately as it did with a 10 oz. trigger.