Thread: Model 10 GRS blueprinted action?

Basic Member

Model 10 GRS blueprinted action?

I just read on the Cabelas site that the Model 10 GRS comes with an action that has been blueprinted at the factory. It's the first I've heard of this. What's the word on it? Is there significance to this? I always bashed the Model 10 GRS because there's no financial incentive over buying a Model 10T and then buying an aftermarket GRS stock. With the blueprinting, it may actually turn out to be a decent deal. Just wondering what others have to say.

Basic Member
    Here's an older thread I just found. Not a whole lot of definitive info, though. Anyone have any newer info?

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...y-blueprinting

The so-called "non-blueprinted" actions are of such quality that blueprinting really doesn't offer any noticeable benefit. As such I wouldn't use it as a gauge or means to justify additional cost.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    The so-called "non-blueprinted" actions are of such quality that blueprinting really doesn't offer any noticeable benefit. As such I wouldn't use it as a gauge or means to justify additional cost.
    Seems reasonable. Another angle to look at it would be the AICS compatible bottom metal adds some value over purchasing a 10T-SR or 10FV and then buying a GRS stock.

Can you see I'm trying to justify getting a 10 GRS over the much lower priced rifles that probably shoot just as well?

Get what you really want from the start - it's always cheaper in the long run. Far too often we see guys buy the cheapest model they can find then show up here asking what they need to convert this or what stocks will fit or whatever. By the time they get done replacing pretty much everything but the action itself they have spent close to twice as much as they would have it they had just bought the more expensive model that came standard with those features.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Get what you really want from the start - it's always cheaper in the long run. Far too often we see guys buy the cheapest model they can find then show up here asking what they need to convert this or what stocks will fit or whatever. By the time they get done replacing pretty much everything but the action itself they have spent close to twice as much as they would have it they had just bought the more expensive model that came standard with those features.
    Not bad advice.

Great advice, LOL, Been there done that, and not just with Savages. Anybody seen what it costs in machining, quality parts, and finishing to turn a GI 1911 into a custom target/fighting pistol with all the bells and whistles? LOL You can easily double or triple what you can buy one for from a top manufacturer.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.