Thread: Savage model 10

Savage model 10

Hey guys i have the above in a accu trigger that I would like ti fit in a boyds stock that was the orginal style trigger action screws match mag match anything I should know about Thanks

Top or bottom bolt release?
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Sorry Top bolt release

That should be all you need: screw spacing, magazine type, bolt release location and desired barrel channel size.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Maybe I didnt explain myself right I have the stock already the cut out was for a orginall style trigger the action I have has the accu trigger Thanks

Silly question, but if you already have the stock and the AccuTrigger equipped action in hand why haven't you just dropped the action into the stock to see if everything clears and functions or not? Kind of a no-brainer!
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Done that have yet to fire it in the stock just looking for something that may creep up that Im not seening Thanks

Basic Member
    Savage 10 -Just received my Boyds thumbhole stock today ( factory barrel short action -top bolt release- staggered feed blind magazine and the fit was good but the screws from the factory stock one isn't long enough so I guess I'll have to order another screw. had to use the long screw for the trigger guard screw and the short screw wasn't long enough for the front screw. Maybe someone with experience on the 10's will answer both our question. Super nice stocks though.

Only trigger interference I can recall being mentioned had to do with either the trigger guard opening or the oel in the stock needing to be opened up just a touch. If you can dry-fire it in the stock and all is working as it should you shouldn't have any issues with live ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by dale1386 View Post
    Savage 10 -Just received my Boyds thumbhole stock today ( factory barrel short action -top bolt release- staggered feed blind magazine and the fit was good but the screws from the factory stock one isn't long enough so I guess I'll have to order another screw. had to use the long screw for the trigger guard screw and the short screw wasn't long enough for the front screw. Maybe someone with experience on the 10's will answer both our question. Super nice stocks though.
    Don't see a question in there, but Savage has I believe three different action screw lengths that they use depending on stock material and bottom metal. Most just get the longest one and grind/file it down until it's the right length for their rifle.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Don't see a question in there, but Savage has I believe three different action screw lengths that they use depending on stock material and bottom metal. Most just get the longest one and grind/file it down until it's the right length for their rifle.
    That's what I figured I just ordered a long screw and I'll grind off threads until it doesn't contact the bolt head.

Thanks for the help