Hi all,

i have a Savage Axis chambered in .308. It has a Bushnell 3x9 that was on it as part of the package. I recently went to the range ahead of hunting season and my scope really bothers me. I started shooting other rifles, and AR’s. I don’t know if it’s mounted wrong for me or if my shooting style has changed, but I feel like I’m searching for the scope everytime I bring it up to shoulder.

Now I realize I could have the scope adjusted and remounted to my comforts, but I figure I’ll take the opportunity to upgrade. I’ve been looking recently and really am liking the vortex scopes, but another type of optic have caught my eye. The Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism, and a Juliet4x. Am I crazy to consider putting a “red dot” on a bolt action deer hunting rifle such as an axis 308? I figure it adds some features of a red dot but comes with 3 or 4x magnification, which is all I’ll typically use hunting. Just looking for opinions and suggestions.

Im no gun expert so any technical advice or optic advice you guys can provide would be awesome.

thanks!