Thread: Question about the Savage Stealth BA 10/110 action screw length

Question about the Savage Stealth BA 10/110 action screw length

Good day,

First time posting, just two simple questions for any Stealth BA owners or anyone who has knowledge about it. I'm currently watching an item on ebay that I'm thinking about buying, a Stealth BA 110 chassis for .300 Win Mag. I was wondering if all Stealth BA 10/110 chassis are the same no matter what models or calibers? From the description on Savage official site, it seem like both BA 10 and BA 110 are build on the model 110 long action. Is this an error? is the BA 10 in 6.5 creedmoor basically a short cartridge in a long action?

I been reading the forum and a 6.5 CM in a long action build does sound interesting. Getting the right chassis for the right SA or LA make it alot easier. Thank you for your assistance!

Also one other question. Can anyone with a Stealth tell me if its symmetrical on both side? I notice that the left and right chassis has indent for the bolt handle on the opposite side. I figured it just make producing left/right model easier since they just have to cut out the framing on whichever side they want the bolt to go on. I am building a left handed rifle and I do have a friend who have a metal shop. Can I simply ask him to mill out the other side for the bolt handle and a little space for the bolt release? Thank you again!

Very Respectfully,

-RS

Basic Member
    If it's for a 10, it's a short action stock. If it says 110, it's for a long action.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

No, they are not all built on long actions. You're being confused by Savage's switching back to identifying all new models Model 110's whether they are a short or long action. No different than the Rem 700's which have long and short but use the same model number.

6.5 CM on a long action - I can't see why one would need to, but no reason you couldn't. Biggest issue might be getting it to feed properly from a L/A magazine depending on how long the feed lips are.

Yes the Stealth chassis (MDT LSS chassis) symmetrical. It is machined as ambidextrous and just has a plastic filler piece in the bolt slot on the side that isn't being used. Just have to pull it out and put it in the other side IIRC.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain