Thread: group size ?

Basic Member

group size ?

I have a new savage MK II BVS wiyth stainless steel bull barrel and laminated thumb hole stock. What size groups should I get at 100 yds bench rest using match grade ammo ?
    Is there anything available to make single feeding easier ?

Single-shot adapter: http://www.loweyproducts.com/products.html

As for what size groups to expect at 100 yards, that's impossible to say. Shoot it at 25 or 50 yards to find the ammo it likes best and it will consistently shoot into MOA or better groups. By consistently I mean at least 8 out of 10 5-shot groups. Once you know what it will do at 25 or 50 yards you'll know what it SHOULD do at 100 yards if you account for the conditions properly and your skills are up to the task.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Thank you for the information, I appreciate it

FVSR 15 shot group at 50 yards.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Jester

Basic Member
    I got a BTVSS RJ about over a year ago and it wouldn't shoot for crap. Wouldn't even hold a center group one day to the next. Looking at the rifling and muzzle it looked like a tapped barrel, not rifled. I sent it back and they sent me a new one. This one shoots as good as my 513T at 50 yds. I'd say 1/2" or better over 50 shots. Right out of the box. 100yds is going to be more than double that. I messed with the first one, pillar bedding, new bottom plate, etc, but I lost all that when I sent it back. I haven't messed with the new one yet. It's good enough for me. I notice the 513T has a tighter chamber but the trigger is crap compared to the Savage. I also notice I have to make sure the bolt is all the way down before trying to shoot. I wish there were a cheaper single shot option than that link. Wonder if I couldn't just stick something in the magazine I could carve up. I'm not sure it's worth it anyhow. Too bad they don't make a tube fed one. I love my Win 61 pump.

As far as ammo, I find the Fed Auto Match not bad, but somewhat erratic. Best I have is Wolf Target Match or Eley Club, I just can't abide anything more expensive. Might as well shoot CF.