Thread: current 110 action compatible with former stock?

current 110 action compatible with former stock?

Could the current long action "centerfeed" work with the blind magazine in the former long action stock? Asking because I found a great deal, and I believe it may be a current 110 long action (338 win mag brush hunter) sitting in the older stock with the 2 round blind mag. Has the factory adjustable muzzle brake, like the one that comes standard with the bear hunter. So I don't believe it is the older Alaskan brush hunter. It does come with the iron sights. Can't recall the barrel length. Thanks.

Yep, screw spacing is the same on the long-actions for all years, just the mag design changed. At most you might have to dremel a little material out around the edges of the magwell pocket, but that would be it and it wouldn't be much. Also maybe have to remove a little material in the trigger area to clear the Accutrigger (not sure if that's needed or not).
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

That is great news! I don't have the 338 win mag, I's put it on layaway at the pawn shop but I ran into hard times and had to let it go a few months back.

Now things are going better and I just got a great deal on a 7mm Mag Savage 110 in a sweet Manners stock. It's an old school flat-back 110. I just put a Warne 20 MOA rail and a Vortex Diamondback Tactical scope on it, and Manners took the stocki n for refinishing under warranty even though I got it secondhand.

I hope to find a good deal on a stainless 110, with blind mag, and swap them out in the Manners.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan H. View Post
    That is great news! I don't have the 338 win mag, I's put it on layaway at the pawn shop but I ran into hard times and had to let it go a few months back.

Now things are going better and I just got a great deal on a 7mm Mag Savage 110 in a sweet Manners stock. It's an old school flat-back 110. I just put a Warne 20 MOA rail and a Vortex Diamondback Tactical scope on it, and Manners took the stocki n for refinishing under warranty even though I got it secondhand.

I hope to find a good deal on a stainless 110, with blind mag, and swap them out in the Manners.
    If you purchase a newer model 110 (center feed) there will be some mods you will have to do to fit the magazine in the blind mag stagger feed flat back Manners stock. The mag will have to be shimmed in the larger mag well. Some epoxy it in place once fit.
    Good luck