I bought the lyman borescope and started messing around with it. So far looks great and seems to do the job just fine. Definitely not a Hawke, but isn't priced like one either. I was able to easily see copper buildup and a host of other "imperfections". I first looked inside my wife's browning and found lots of copper so after some time cleaning it up copper was gone. The barrel had lots of tool marks but it still shoots great. Next I was going to show the wife what a aftermarket barrel looks like compared to the factory stuff. I chose my CBI in 6.5-284 and ran the camera down for her to have a look. I was shocked to say the least, it really wasn't a whole lot better than the factory browning as far as tool marks and imperfections, it doesnt copper at all and shoots fantastic. I also then peered down a couple excalibur barrels and they looked substantially better with few imperfections, they likewise shoot good as well. For one last look I shoved the camera down a factory 300wm from savage,, keep in mind this rifle has been hunted with for years and has always shot better than me and certainly good enough for a hunting gun. With that said the barrel looked absolutely horrible. There wasn't a place on it that didn't look beat up.
Not sure why any of this is important information but I had fun messing around and thought I would let you guys know if your looking at the lyman camera I think you will be happy with it!!