Thread: Gun cleaning related question

Basic Member

Gun cleaning related question

I have a question about our favorite beverage of choice..... Hoppes #9.

I live in an apartment now and am getting back into shooting and reloading, so as to not look so weird, I am painting my oilers, and putting the lubes over in them, and I had a thought about doing the same with #9. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with putting it into a thumb oiler (like a sewing machine oiler) with a cap on it, or a thumb- or trigger-type oiler. I know the thumb oiler would have to be capped, else all the sweet, sweet aroma will leave Love Juice #9, thus robbing it of it's magic. I am assuming a trigger type oiler would be sufficiently sealed.

Does anyone have any experience have any experience storing our favorite brown elixir any anything but it's dark brown bottle of goodness?

Harlech

I use some small twist top bottles similar to what wife's hair color comes in. Some have pressure fit tops like the old picnic ketchup bottles, some have twist open/close spouts on 'em which work great for applying just a drop or 2 of solvent on a patch. I prefer the twist lock type tops, and keep 'em stored in an old coffee tub with a lid on. I use this type of bottle for a "range kit" cleaning kit, just use a smaller coffee tub to hold the bottles upright in a bag that holds all my other cleaning solvents/patches.

Basic Member
    I have a large bottle of it I bought several years ago that has a flip up nozzle on it. I keep it and just keep refilling it with the smaller bottles when I start to run out.