Thread: MSR-10 6.5 Creemoor Fails to Eject

MSR-10 6.5 Creemoor Fails to Eject

I'm a newbie here, but been shootin' for nearly 50 years. Just took my MSR-10 6.5 Creedmoor out to the back forty to zero the scope, and was dismayed to find eight of ten rounds fail to eject. Have had at least six other ARs (still have three of them), and never had this problem. Only ammo I have is Hornady Whitetail 129-gr soft point. Will try another brand and see.

Basic Member
    Adjustable gas block????

Welcome from northeast georgia
    Ackley was right all along

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Is it extracting and just not going back far enough to eject? Might be under gassed. Could be ammo,gas port too small or mis-aligned gas block.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

Yessir. Have opened it from 12 clicks out to 24, and while lone shells eject, the bolt won't lock open. With multiple shells in clip, it fails to feed every time.

Sounds like it's short stroking,needs more gas.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

Have you tried a different magazine?
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

J. Baker, you nailed it. I'd been shooting with low-capacity steel mags I bought, not the original Pmag 20 that came with the rifle. When I tried the polymer Pmag, it functioned flawlessly. Who'da thunk it? So I ordered some Pmag 10's and we'll see if those make the rifle as happy as the original. (I just don't like all that extra magazine hanging out the well when I'm hunting; I've read that the 10-rounders are almost a flush fit.)

Thank you, Sir!

I share your feeling on having a long magazine hanging down below the rifle. I use 20rd mags in all my AR15's for that very reason. Don't use any steel mags anymore either - seems no matter what brand I bought I'd get one that wouldn't feed properly. Never had an issue with the Magpul poly mags so that's what I stick to these days for my AR's.

Should have a MSR10 Hunter in .308 showing up any day now that I'll be reviewing for the site.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Just make sure to turn the gas back down! If you jacked it up trying to fix the steel mags, you don't want to run it over gassed. I followed the video Savage posted on the product page....works like a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by MaD HuNGaRIaN View Post
    Just make sure to turn the gas back down! If you jacked it up trying to fix the steel mags, you don't want to run it over gassed. I followed the video Savage posted on the product page....works like a champ.
    +1

I've been playing with the adjustable gas system while doing my testing for the upcoming review of the MSR10 Hunter, and was quite surprised how much difference there was for gas with various types of factory ammunition. Most fell within 2-4 clicks of one another, but I did have a couple that needed a little more or less than that happy median zone offered. Having the gas system properly tuned for a given ammo also makes a slight but noticeable difference in felt recoil.

My process for adjustment was to do two clicks at a time. If it wasn't ejecting/locking back properly at start I would increase gase two clicks and try again - continuing until it functioned as it should. Then I would reduce gas by one click to see if it would still function. If it did I would leave it there, if not I would increase it by that one click and call it good. Same process if it the gun functions properly at start, just reduce two clicks at a time until it stops functioning then fine tune with final single click.