Thread: New to forum.....?

New to forum.....?

Hi , I 'am new to this site. I have a question on a savage 110e j series 7mm mag. I recently inherited my brother in laws guns. Emptied the gun safe , but found this one tucked away. We have hunted and shoot together for years. I have never seen this gun before , it is completely camoed with a decent scope. I took it to a range and shot 3 shot groups cleaning between each group. There was a laminated card for doping ranges on the stock. At 200 yds. the group was under 1 inch and out to 500 yds. it was under 2 inches . The barrel appears to be stock as does the rest of the gun . I have never shot a savage , but there is no way a stock rifle will shoot like that. I have not disassembled the rifle ,but can anyone tell me what he might have done to it to get that kind of accuracy.

Basic Member
    Probably NOTHING. I've got several bone stock Savage rifles that will shoot well under 1/2 MOA when I do my part. (22-250, 7mm-08, 338LM)

Enjoy the rifle :D

Thank you mudpig , I have decided to strip the camo and see what was done if anything. Their is a serial number on the bolt and some bedding on the stock and noticed a adjustable trigger. I will keep this rifle and will likely look into more savage rifles. most of mine are built on Remington actions. Thank you!

That sounds like a good idea

but there is no way a stock rifle will shoot like that
    In general I agree. However I have had two stock Savage rifles in 7mm Magnum that did just that. One was a Weather Warrior that had the old side of the stock button to release the magazine. Stainless Fluted Barrel with On/Off Muzzle Brake. The other was one Savage released that had a magnum contour barrel with a non removable muzzle brake. I still have the groups both shot in my notebook. They were phenomenal.