Thread: ATN X Sight II 5-20; Savage FV12 (Cabelas varmint barrel)

ATN X Sight II 5-20; Savage FV12 (Cabelas varmint barrel)

Hi All,
    So I'm now one of the few...who actually bought the above ATN TV disguised as a scope....So the merits of this device or any scope of Chinese manufacture aside...got a question for any other Savage owners who have actually bought one and mounted same on a savage bolt gun:

How did you mount it? I have researched Picatinny rails and several are available for round top receiver, accu trigger rifles....I called ATN for advice and the rep advised me to either find an 'elevated' rail; or a longer one and mount the scope forward of the ejection port...both of these in order to clear moving the bolt and the trajectory of the spent round. Hmmmmmm

I regret I didn't think of this before I made my purchase. I may send it back but I'd love to try the device so would appreciate it if anyone who has mounted the ATN scope on a round receiver accu trigger Savage could share what rail they mounted on the rifle.

Thanks!!

Update 1 9 Mar: Went to LGS and picked up EGW rail marked 'round receiver short action Savage....fits fine, one end extends just a bit longer past the two screw holes. Test mounted it with the extension to the rear...thinking I might get closer to the approx 2.5 inches eye relief.....bolt cycles without interference. Mounted ATN brick I mean scope as far to the rear as possible....the bolt handle <just barely> hit the round cap for the battery compartment....moved the scope forward one notch in the rail....bolt cycles perfectly. Unfortunately LGS did not carry 6.5CM snap caps...I refuse to cycle live rounds in my easy chair...so still have to see if loading/ejecting rounds will be any issue...but so far so good. I'm beginning to think that with some MFR's....calling tech support with questions may get you advice that is worth exactly what it costs....please note, that has not been my experience with Savage (nor Rem)...

Thanks for reading my post

X-Sight II on an Axis XP .270 Win

I just mounted a gen 2 X-sight on my new Axis XP. Yep, you need a full size rail and I mounted the sight itself to a 7 slot QD rail, so I can move it around all my rifles. That also gave me plenty of clearance with the bolt and ejection port. This does put the scope a little high on the rifle, but I get to keep the scopes eye relief where it belongs (old eyes need all the help they can get).
    Not sure if you're still working on this issue, but figured it might also help someone else.