I've got a short action centerfeed Stevens 200 for which I had bought a blind-mag Boyds stock. At the time I also picked up a metal trigger guard. When the stock came I let it sit for several months. Later I discovered that the stock had been mis-cut at the bolt handle. Boyds wouldn't swap it out since it was >90 days, but did give me a discount on a new stock. It is worth noting that the metal trigger guard had a thin tab at the rear action screw hole, while the plastic trigger guard from my Stevens 200 stock is twice as thick. However, the thin tabbed metal one worked with the old Boyds stock.

I just received the new stock from Boyds and it's perfect as far as all the inletting goes. With the new stock I had also decided to switch to a DBM. I called Savage and ordered the bottom metal and a bottom plate to convert my blind mag to a magazine. But I skipped adding a metal trigger guard, because I already had one.

When I look at the pictures on this DBM tutorial... http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...Parts-Tutorial ...it looks like the metal trigger guard I currently have would go with the DBM that I expected to receive from Savage (i.e., thin metal trigger guard with the shown bottom metal/thick screw tab for the rear action screw). However, upon receipt of the part from Savage it looks like the action screw tab on the bottom metal is 'thin,' which would mean I need a trigger guard that is 'thick' (like the plastic one from my Stevens stock).

So my questions are this: 1) Did Savage send me the wrong bottom metal; or 2) Did the bottom metal change since the tutorial was published? And depending on those answers, should I just order a metal trigger guard shaped like the plastic one, or should I get a different part from Savage? For what it's worth, the plastic trigger guard fits perfectly, while the metal one...even if it were thicker...is not as tight of a fit in terms of horizontal width. I think I bought the metal trigger guard from Midway. Anyhow, when I google Savage metal trigger guard all I can find are the thin ones. But I did find some metal versions of the plastic trigger guard on Ebay (most are take-offs).