I've had my 110ba stealth in 338lm for about a year and a half. 10 shots out of the box the rail was loose. Took it apart and found the screw holes and screws covered in oil instead of loctite. Cleaned and loctite screws. Made another 30 or 40 shots rail loose again. At this point I contacted savage they directed me to the rail manufacturer. They sent me a new rail and multiple sets of screws. Unfortunately the rail was for the previous model 110ba. But I was able to custom cut the screws they sent to length and loctite them in. Shot it another 30 or 40 rds loose again. Decided I was done messing with it and used bearing mount (more permanent type of loctite)on the screws and really cranked them down. Got maybe 100 shots out of it and loose again. This is the closest I have ever came to throwing my rifle down range.
I have been reading about bedding my rail. I can see the the advantages of having the two pieces fit perfectly together. I was considering going the shoe polish jb weld route for the bedding process but I have never done it before. What do those that have done it recommend? Am I wasting my time? Is there a better fix? At this point I'm ready to make one last attempt at correcting this issue if it comes loose again down the road it goes.
My scope and mount are pretty heavy. But I would think they would expect you to put big glass and an adjustable mount on a rifle that is meant to shoot long range.
Any help or advice would be appreciated. I want to mount this thing 1 last time and forget about it.