Thread: Rebarreling Options for MSR 10 Long Range in 6.5 Creedmoor

Rebarreling Options for MSR 10 Long Range in 6.5 Creedmoor

I'm not quite at a point of needing to replace the barrel but the writing's on the wall. Is this something I need to send the upper back to the factory to perform or can I go to the market for something a little nicer than the OEM barrel?

I see opportunties for 'drop in' solutions however, they are mostly for bolt action. Has anyone rebarreled the MSR 10 Long Range yet with an aftermarket barrel- if so, who did you use?

Respectfully,

/R

I have an MSR10 en route for review so I won't know for absolute certain for a few weeks, but I would assume it uses the exact same barrel extension and barrel nut retention system as any other AR10 out there. If that's the case any aftermarket AR10 barrel should mount right up to it.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Ask a maker of Prefit Barrels for the DPMS patterned 308 for a faster response.

Use the correct tools to remove and replace the barrel or you will end up with a twisted POS.

This might be of interest.

http://forum.snipershide.com/threads...sions.6870147/

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    I have an MSR10 en route for review so I won't know for absolute certain for a few weeks, but I would assume it uses the exact same barrel extension and barrel nut retention system as any other AR10 out there. If that's the case any aftermarket AR10 barrel should mount right up to it.
    My hope is that however, if Savage is going to screw around with something as plentiful as a charging handle on this rifle, and make it proprietary, then I wouldn't put it past them on the barrel.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Ask a maker of Prefit Barrels for the DPMS patterned 308 for a faster response.

Use the correct tools to remove and replace the barrel or you will end up with a twisted POS.

This might be of interest.

http://forum.snipershide.com/threads...sions.6870147/

It sounded like the Daniel Defense wrench was used.... Savage doesn't offer a wrench? I'll reach out to those barrel manf. and see what information they can provide on the MSR 10 Long Range. This is going to be my first barrel swap so going into this really blind. But, such are the wages of reloading.