When my one remaining staggered feed rifle that actually worked OK, a short action, flat back in 223 Rem had multiple failures to feed from the mag box the other day, I reached my limit. NONE of over a dozen rifles with the old style mag boxes feeds reliably. The only rifles I can count on to feed well are either new center feed factory versions or actions that have been moved to DM AI style stocks and chassis.

I want to keep using the old style stocks that are on the rifles, but I want to get rid of every stagger feed mag box set up I have and replace them with new center feed mag boxes. How difficult will it be to convert the 3 short actions to center feed? I can see that the long actions will be pretty simple but I don't have any short action center feed mag boxes to check for fit in my short action stagger feed stocks.

Where is the best place to get the lowest price on just the mag box and follower? I looked at Midway and saw nothing offered. I don't think I will need the L clip since I will be hand fitting these in old style stocks with shims and such for a tight fit.

The only thing I could come up with at an OK price was buying Axis magazines and pulling the mag boxes off the bottom plates. I can get those for $29 each. Any other suggestions as to where to procure said parts for less than $29 for the box and follower?

Thanks in advance for any help, advice or suggestions.