Thread: Savage Model 25 Inner Tube Magazine

Savage Model 25 Inner Tube Magazine

Have my model 25 just about put back together. I just need an inner tube. Any ideas on where I can find one or where i can get the materials to build one? Any info would be great as I am at a dead end. I have been watching ebay and checking numrich etc. but to no avail. Thanks in advance.

Basic Member
    Brownell's has inner and outer tube kits. https://www.brownells.com/search/ind...kits&ksubmit=y

I spoke with Brownell's. They do not have the right one. My understanding is that the model 25 is kinda unique to itself.

You might try here...

http://www.gun-parts.com/index.html/

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post

I sent Bob's an email over a week ago. no response. I think I have tried most all the main avenues to find one. This forum was my shot that one of the members would say oh yeah I have 2 of them laying around.. LOL Actually was thinking maybe someone had the same issue and knew where to get the pieces to make one.

Basic Member
    The tubes on all Savage pumps were a different diameter than those used on anything else. The tubes from the later 29's & 29A's & B's will fit the outer tube and catch in a 25 but the follower will be to short to feed the last round, you will have to add a ~.675"~ extension on the end of the follower or just not shoot the last round. The tubes from the earliest Model 14's would also fit the same because they used a pin for the catch, on later 1914's the catch is different but might work, they would have also have length issues with the follower but I am not sure if the length difference is the same as the 29's.

All the tube fed pumps used the same diameter & length brass tube but with different ends and followers for some of the models.

So if I find a 29 tube and a follower from a 25 I could make that work. Hmmm, I think I seen a 25 follower. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.