Thread: After recovering from a back injury a few weeks ago I finally got out to a match

Basic Member

After recovering from a back injury a few weeks ago I finally got out to a match

Had a great time over the weekend at the Virginia Precision Rifle Club:

The new rifle is a hammer:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nemesis Chrono.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	5170

Group shot prior to finalizing zero.

Name:	Nemesis group.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	5171

Name:	VPRC Sept 2nd.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	5169

And to top it off this match moved me into first place in the VPRC Club Series this year. Hoping I can hang on to it for the season Finale!

Name:	2018 VPRC Standings (Sept).jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	5172

Sorry to hear about the back. Would suggest taking it slow until you feel no discomfort....even if you might miss an event.

Basic Member
    Very nice! My placement has dropped lately since i havent been able to attend any matches. Im now in the bottom 3rd portion in the region and about halfway or so in the club ouch.

What are you shooting? Been thinking of 6xc, 6br or 6 creed. Not sure yet what i wanna do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I don't know if I'll ever switch from 6.5x47 for match purposes. It's just so consistent and easy to load for the only draw back you could say is recoil. Maybe one day I'll mess with a 6br or variant of the br case, but I've done the 243win and 6 Creed and like the 6.5x47 better. A 6br would have very similar ballistics to the 6.5x47 though. Would just need a hair more wind at distance. Advantage would be extremely low recoil.

We'll see, no itch to switch or play around currently. I just like my grab and go no worries rifle.

Basic Member
    If you had a fusion, your messing with fire shooting anything that has recoil that you can feel. Just had my second back surgery about 4 months ago. Fused 3 more on top of the 3 done in 2011. That’s my lowest 6. Didn’t listen a whole lot on 1st surgery. Takes about a year for solid full fusion. Now if was partial removal of a disc, that sack they sealed up still needs allot of time to heal. But as they say about back surgeries, don’t hear of to many successful ones and your usually back within 5 years for more. Good luck with yours. I’m taking it very slow until the one year mark.

Basic Member
    No surgeries here yet. Still rated below the recommendation for surgery. Just had the disc slip again. 4 weeks out I'm back to normal just trying not to aggravate it again.

Basic Member
    Your lucky so far but the inevitable is coming unless you change. I went back to work after 1st surgery. Back fused but didn't listen to the surgeon on lifting and such. My suggestion to you if you want to avoid surgery and still do stuff to a curtain extent, get this brace or similar. Will help you maintain proper back alignment and keep you from extending to far. Am currently in this one. Surgeon also told me that after the fusion is complete, I best be wearing my brace doing any work or expect to come back for another surgery. Thing about back surgery, once they start cutting, its a never ending story. Hope you can stay away from the knife. Before my 1st surgery, I was stepping out of the shower, kissed the floor, crawled to the vehicle (didn't want an ambulance ride). Got 2 opinions which both said same thing. Time for the knife. Good luck.
    https://www.aspenmp.com/products/low...ista-464-tlso/