Hi all,

Experienced shooter and handloader here, but new to the forum. This past May my wife bought me the model 12 LRP in 6.5cm that I've been asking for for several years now. I topped it with a vortex hs-t 6-24 ×50. Initially I shot factory ammo through it, and they shot well for factory loads (1/2 to 3/4 inch average). However, I got this rifle with the intentions of handloading with the understanding that sub .5 moa groups would be very attainable.

Long story short, that has not been the case. Without getting into the specifics of the countless combinations of powder, brass, primer, seating depth etc. that I have tried, let's just say I fired shots #201-210 tonight of "operation load development" and I have accomplished absolutely nothing. I've gone through a pound of h4350 a half pound of rl16 and a half lb of rl17. After all this, I haven't been able to find a load that consistently matches what I can accomplish with factory ammo.

I know that it's impossible to tell someone what load might work in their gun because everyone is different, so I guess what I'm looking for here is to see if perhaps my expectations for this rifle are unrealistic? Is this gun only a .75" gun?

I appreciate any input from you guys! Thanks!

Ben