Thread: Model 12 F/TR .223 with Target AccuTrigger Sav 2 replacement Trigger

Basic Member

Model 12 F/TR .223 with Target AccuTrigger Sav 2 replacement Trigger

This is the second time my target Accu-Trigger has gone out on me.

First time a few years ago, it locked up on me. Savage replaced it, no charge. I had it at 10 oz. pull.

Now, it works, but at or near the highest pull only.. It feels like 2 lbs. or so.

I am looking at the Sav2 replacement trigger. I do not have an Accustock.

Questions-

1. Will this work with my rifle (side bolt release)? Is this a true drop in or do I have to install and use parts from the Target Accutrigger?
    2. How good is the product?

Team Savage
    Go to the RifleBasix website and watch the installation video for Basix 2. It's a good instruction. It's a drop-in, in that all parts are included. Mine is installed on a MOD 10FP. It took me 3-4 hours of adjusting and changing pin positions before I could get to where it was not releasing with a buttstock bump. Now I can't get it to fire unless I pull the trigger. Don't know how that would differ with a 10oz setting. I have it set to 2lbs for PRS type and steel matches. I have accutriggers on all my Savages and like them. I don't know what a really good trigger is supposed to feel like. This Rifle Basix 2 is much different, and feels a whole lot "crisper" to me. I'm happy with it.

You will need to retain you trigger hanger and your seer.

Basic Member
    Thanks guys.

How do I get a 10 oz. pull without a pull scale that will measure accurately under a pound? The old fashioned way with a digital food scale, plastic bag and string for the trigger to the bag as tare and slowly, through a funnel, drop in salt until the trigger broke. Did the same thing with an Anschutz and got it up from the minimum two ounces to the desired three. Two was too light for me. I only shred paper and am not tromping through hill and dale with a trigger that light.