I just got a new Athalon Talos BTR 4-14x44 FFP for my Kimber Classic 280 AI. I got it for $300 from Cabelas, and I have had plenty of scopes around that price range and I really like this one a LOT. The glass is better than expected.

In this price range I have or had the Cabelas Covenant 4-16, SWFA SS10x, SWFA SS12x and the Bushnell Engage 4-16.

Quick comparisons, I think the Talos has as good of glass as the Engage (which is really good!) and better than the others. The turrets are not as good as the SWFA's (or even close) or the Engage, but actually felt pretty similar to the Cabelas Covenant in that the clicks were not hard defined clicks, but were adequate and felt plenty good for what I need.
I like the reticle a LOT for a hunting rifle, it is the APLR2 in MIL, which is a .2 MIL with windage... so kind of a Christmas tree. If this doesn't make you a fan of a FFP for hunting, then nothing will. It is similar to the Cabelas Covenant in a lot of respects, but that (cabelas) is an MOA and not a mil, but both have a floating aim point and are Christmas tree style. The SWFA scopes I have are Milquad, and very nice and uncluttered for turrets that you dial, but for hunting I really like the windage on the reticle so I don't have to dial all the time when I am in a hurry, but it does hinder spotting misses.

The only thing I haven't done is test the tracking and return to zero. Since I only shot the rifle 7 times (4 to sight in and a group of 3) with this scope, I haven't taken it out long yet. I imagine it will be 2 weeks before I can do that.
Overall, this is a really nice scope, I can't wait to put some rounds way down range... I absolutely LOVE this reticle.

Positives- FFP with a fantastic reticle pretty good glass and a great magnification range for hunting.
Negatives- the turrets don't have a great feel to them, and it uses plastic washers for a zero stop.
Unknown- I am not sure how it tracks and returns to zero yet and being on the low price range for a tactical scope I am not sure of the durability yet.