Thread: stealth evolution 6 creedmoor: if your on the fence about

stealth evolution 6 creedmoor: if your on the fence about

I am writing this to those that may question the evolution design and accuracy. current set up is factory other than a new criterion barrel (I shot out factory barrel,was shooting .3moa)this caliber is a barrel burner. scope is a vortex golden eagle shooting handloads of 115 dtac hbn , lapua 6.5 srp necked down 40.2gr h 4350 @ 2920 fps
    now mind you until this purchase I have never really shot or loaded for long range highpower rifles and I seem to have done well with this combination
    this was bought to shoot 1/2 scale nra silhouette targets at 200 meters for chichens , 300 meters for pigs , 385 meters for turkeys and 500 meters for rams with all shooting done off a front rest or bipod no rear bags. I regularly place in the top 5 of 30 and have also won a few hitting 37 of 40 targets with a average of 34/40
    so a couple of months back I decided to shoot a long range gong match at Lewistown pa , targets are 4" gong at 800 , 6" at 900 , 8" at 950 and 10" at 1000, I have never shot these distances before and conditions were near perfect and this rifle performed well earning 3rd place of 18 shooters and managing 9 of 10 hits at 950 and 6 of 10 at 1000

if you are on the fence about the Stealth evolution , jump down and get one . with proper loading technique and development of your loads these rifles just plain shoot

Thanks for the write-up RR.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Thanks for the write-up RR.
    Indeed! Thanks for the write up. Glad to hear it works for what you got it for.

I was a little surprised that I haven't seen a lot more of BA Evo love here than I have. Ours is a 6.5, almost went for the 6. Still haven't seen what ours will do. Maybe next weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by rr1220 View Post
    I am writing this to those that may question the evolution design and accuracy. current set up is factory other than a new criterion barrel (I shot out factory barrel,was shooting .3moa)this caliber is a barrel burner. scope is a vortex golden eagle shooting handloads of 115 dtac hbn , lapua 6.5 srp necked down 40.2gr h 4350 @ 2920 fps
    now mind you until this purchase I have never really shot or loaded for long range highpower rifles and I seem to have done well with this combination
    this was bought to shoot 1/2 scale nra silhouette targets at 200 meters for chichens , 300 meters for pigs , 385 meters for turkeys and 500 meters for rams with all shooting done off a front rest or bipod no rear bags. I regularly place in the top 5 of 30 and have also won a few hitting 37 of 40 targets with a average of 34/40
    so a couple of months back I decided to shoot a long range gong match at Lewistown pa , targets are 4" gong at 800 , 6" at 900 , 8" at 950 and 10" at 1000, I have never shot these distances before and conditions were near perfect and this rifle performed well earning 3rd place of 18 shooters and managing 9 of 10 hits at 950 and 6 of 10 at 1000

if you are on the fence about the Stealth evolution , jump down and get one . with proper loading technique and development of your loads these rifles just plain shoot
    ow many rounds did you fire before you found reason to change bbl's ??
    H

I agree. see my post (Coolrunner). Despite all of the problems I had with manufacturing controls, I would buy this rifle again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter0302 View Post
    ow many rounds did you fire before you found reason to change bbl's ??
    H
    honestly I cant remember on my factory barrel. the 2nd barrel has since been replaced also at 1400 rnds due to no longer having enough case neck to hold bullet and maintain preferred jump,criterion barrel with .183 freebore shooting dtacs, it was still producing .4moa groups when pulled I just didn't want it going south in the middle of a match

Basic Member
    A little late to the party, so by 1/2 scale are you referring to half the size of the standard High Power Rifle Silhouette targets?

Quote Originally Posted by prdatr View Post
    A little late to the party, so by 1/2 scale are you referring to half the size of the standard High Power Rifle Silhouette targets?
    Correct
    Shot off bench , front rest only same highpower distance

Quote Originally Posted by coolrunner View Post
    I agree. see my post (Coolrunner). Despite all of the problems I had with manufacturing controls, I would buy this rifle again.
    UPDATE 6/27/19:
    Got the extended missing scope mount minus the mounting screws so I got a local gunsmith to install the four screws. The replacement screws arrived a week later(woop-de-do). Took the rifle out and very soon was able to make six (6) bullseyes and one, touching one bullseye, in a row at 200 yards. My best shots EVER! Tying to work up to our max range distance of 500 yards. I am using a Zeiss V6 Conquest 5 - 30 x 50 MOA scope. This savage and that scope are a winning combination.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolrunner View Post
    UPDATE 6/27/19:
    Got the extended missing scope mount minus the mounting screws so I got a local gunsmith to install the four screws. The replacement screws arrived a week later(woop-de-do). Took the rifle out and very soon was able to make six (6) bullseyes and one, touching one bullseye, in a row at 200 yards. My best shots EVER! Tying to work up to our max range distance of 500 yards. I am using a Zeiss V6 Conquest 5 - 30 x 50 MOA scope. This savage and that scope are a winning combination.
    I don’t know much that’s more satisfying than having a rifle that hums. Feeling like there’s no target you can’t hit. That confidence in knowing the rifle is putting holes exactly where you want them.
    All from an inexpensive package.
    Right out of the box sub MOA fun.
    Whats not to like.