Thread: Is there a list showing which actions are used on which rifles?

Basic Member

Question Is there a list showing which actions are used on which rifles?

I'm new to the field and I'm trying to learn more about the overall Savage range. I understand Savage produce a select number of different actions and then build multiple models around each of them, for different purposes.

I'd guess someone on here has already put together a list of which rifles share a common action, but I haven't been able to find it yet. Could anyone advise?

Ross.

Basic Member
    Here is a list of some different actions: https://www.savageshooters.com/conte...Action-Lengths

Quote Originally Posted by RBT321 View Post
    I'm new to the field and I'm trying to learn more about the overall Savage range. I understand Savage produce a select number of different actions and then build multiple models around each of them, for different purposes.

I'd guess someone on here has already put together a list of which rifles share a common action, but I haven't been able to find it yet. Could anyone advise?

Ross.

Ross, there is a lot of information to compile. If you have a set of features you like it would be easier to start there. For example, You are looking for a donor rifle and your not sure which rifle you should grab on the used market to get what you want. You may need a target action or a stainless short action with a 4.4 screw spacing(CF) and top bolt release with a large shank.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Thanks Celltech, that's most of what I'm looking for.

Robinhood, I'm about to buy a 12 FV as a starter rifle and just wondered what other rifles use essentially the same action - mainly because there's a current rebate on the 110's and so I can get examples at a broadly similar price - I think the 12 FV will come out slightly better price overall, but as I'm likely to replace the stock and barrel anyway, it's good to know which other models are based on the same action. But more than that I also want to get a bead on the whole range, to learn which rifles share common heritage to each other.

Thanks for the info!

Ross.